Tuesday 28 July 2015

REVIEW: Lush "Brazened Honey" Face Mask!

Hello you beautiful people!

So, I thought it was about time I did another review on my blog, because I have only ever done one review before, and it was a while ago. Wow, that sounded super boring. But let's get started!




Here's the deal, I love Lush. I have always loved Lush, and will always love Lush. But the one thing I dislike about this beautiful brand is that they NEVER HAVE THE CUPCAKE FACE MASK IN STORE AFTER FRIDAYS. This is purely because my favourite face mask, "Cupcake", is also everyone else's favourite face mask, and if you can't get into a Lush store on Thursday's (delivery day), then you have no hope in HELL of EVER getting the luxurious chocolaty goodness that is a miracle worker on breakouts!

Being naive, I decided to head into Lush on a Monday, hoping that because the world had blessed me with an insane breakout over the weekend, that karma would work it's magic and I would somehow get a Cupcake face mask 4 days after they usually sell out. Obviously, karma was still not going to help me, and they had none in store.

When I explained to the lovely girl in store that Cupcake is literally the only thing that saves my breakouts, and that I was desperate, I asked her for any other skin recommendations that will at least help calm down the volcanoes on my face (gross comparison, I apologise...) until I could come back on Thursday to buy the actual face mask I was in need of.

The girl was super wonderful (and had amazing eye make-up, btw!) and explained all of the other face masks to me, and what each one would specifically help with. She pointed out the face mask called "Brazened Honey" to me and told me that it would exfoliate and give my skin a bit of a boost, and will just relieve my skin before I could get my hands on Cupcake. After lots of chatting and giggles, I decided to go ahead and give it a try. After all, my skin already looked dead and gross, what was the worst that can happen?



As you can see, it comes in it usual, adorable little pot (just a note, if you collect 5 empty pots, you could return them to store and get a free face mask!) with a little description on the pot that reads:

"Exfoliating, stimulating and nourishing face mask for tired skins. Fresh fruits are blended with warming Ayurvedic herbs and spices, ground almonds to polish and moisturising honey. Leaves your skin vibrant and revitalised."

Smell wise, the main scent is obviously the smell of honey, with the familiar aroma of all Lush products (which is really hard to describe, but you probably know what I mean!). The only thing I didn't like was the hint of spice, as I'm not a fan of spicy, cinnamon-esque scents. But, if you like the traditional smell of Christmas, then this mask is definitely for you! (As it definitely lingers on your skin afterwards, it helps if you like spicy scents!)



Texture, as you can see, looks and feels a lot like ice cream, and the application was pretty easy. However, I believe it is a mask that you can build. So if you just want a light layer to give your skin a bit of a mid week boost, it's easy to do so. My skin, unfortunately, was in need of a full-on makeover, so I lathered this mask to full thickness.



The pot recommends that you leave it on for 5-10 minutes, but I usually leave these masks on for about 15, as it takes about that long for it to dry. I could feel it tightening pretty early on, which already gave it 10/10 in my book, as I hate face masks that take forever to dry! They're no fun! A few Snapchat's later, and I was ready to wash it off.

They say with exfoliating face masks, that you should scrub the product on your skin a little when washing it off, just to give it a deeper cleansing. Although it took me a while to wash it off, it was probably my own fault for putting so much on my face.

How did my skin feel afterwards? Well, my face felt incredibly smooth, there's no denying that. And it did feel like I had just used an exfoliate, but did it help with my breakouts? Meh. Probably not. But hey, I tried something new! And my skin did feel brighter and fresher.

So, overall:

Scent: 6/10
Texture: 7/10
Final Result: 7/10
Would you purchase again? Probably not. But maybe, if my skin is in need of replenishing!

And that's it! Hope you guys liked this post! Let me know down below what your favourite face mask is from Lush! And I will see you guys later in the week!

Fawce xoxo.

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like a great product, to bad it didn't help with breakouts. Great review!

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cupcake face mask!!
    I would love to try this one out too, Lush is lushhhhhhhhhh lol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cupcake face mask!!
    I would love to try this one out too, Lush is lushhhhhhhhhh lol x

    ReplyDelete