Saturday 18 July 2015

My "Feel Better" Remedies

Hey guys! Today I want to share with you my top 5 remedies for making yourself feel better!


As you guys are aware, life has been pretty unfair on me these last couple of weeks; I won't go into details, but let's just say that these 5 things definitely made me feel a lot better!

So, here we go!

(Just to add, these are my own personal remedies that I do when feeling down. I'm in no way telling you how to make yourself feel better, but I just wanted to share with you what I do! KISSES! XOXO)


1. Treat Yourself.

You know when they say that retail therapy is actually a real thing? Well, I certainly agree. Going into your favourite shops and treating yourself to a little something might just be the little pick-me-up that you need! Whether it's a new dress, a new lipstick, or even your favourite Starbucks order, a little bit of what you fancy can do the world of good! I may have recently gone a little overboard with the "treating myself" this week, as you'll see in my massive Haul post next week. But you'll feel so much better after giving yourself a bit of luxury. Speaking of luxury...

2. Pamper Yourself.

If you're feeling down about yourself, set an evening in your week to give yourself a little pampering! It doesn't have to be much, maybe light a few candles, have a luxurious bath with some Lush bath products, do a face mask and paint your nails! And to add to it, you can put on your favourite series on Netflix, or put on a Disney movie, or anything really that tickles your fancy that will put you in a great mood! It's also OK to have a little bit of your favourite snack to munch on when watching your series/movies. For me, it's always a large amount of chocolate!

3. Surround yourself with good people.

I've found recently that being around people who care about you is one of the most uplifting things a person can do. I'm lucky to have a very supportive family, and friends who will drop everything to see me when I'm feeling down. Unfortunately, the majority of my friends are currently back from Uni for the summer, but once they go back, it'll be a lot harder to surround myself in all their love. However, that doesn't mean that this point is invalid! Even a little Facebook or Whatsapp chat can lift your spirits! A coffee date doesn't hurt either! Recently, I've been going to Starbucks more than I've been going to the gym! All because I've been surrounding myself with old friends to cheer myself up, and there is nothing wrong with that. We definitely need to remember that even though someone is far away, they're still close to you. Does that make sense? Probably not!

4. Do something nice for someone else.

I don't know about you guys, but when I'm feeling down, the last thing I want is to make the people around me feel down too. Plus, a smile can go a long way! A simple kind gesture for a friend or a family member will do. For example, when my mum was working late, my dad and I purchased her favourite take-away meal for her, and had it ready for her to eat when she got home. And she loved it! Even a small thank you, or a "Have a nice day!" to a stranger may make their day so much brighter! I went into Lush the other day, and the first thing the girl working in there said to me was "Oh my gosh, I love your sunglasses!", and straight away, we got chatting! She even took me around the store to show me her recommendations! And when I left, I told her that she had lifted my mood exceedingly, and she gave me the brightest smile and told me the same. Being nice, and doing something nice for someone else can instantly bring a smile to your face, and even if the person doesn't appreciate it, you can walk away knowing that you're the brightest star in the sky. Or, you know, just know that you're a good person.

5. Write down positive moments from your week.

Now, this takes inspiration from my Sunny Sunday posts, where every week, I write down 5 positive things that happened to me in the week, and share them with you all. This can range from major things such as finding out good news, or to little things, like how lovely the weather was on Tuesday. Majority of the time, my things consist of good sessions at the gym, seeing old friends, or really enjoying the newest episode of Pretty Little Liars. Seeing all of these positive moments from your week can really lift your spirits when you're feeling down, and make you appreciate the little things in life. And suddenly, all of the negative things don't seem as big anymore.

And there we go! Those are my top 5 remedies to make myself feel better! However, I do want to add that it is totally OK to feel sad. Take as long as you need to be down, but these 5 things will just give you a little lift when you're finished feeling sad! Do let me know in the comments below if you do any of these things, and if you have any tips on feeling better, let me know!

Hope you guys have a wonderful weekend, and I shall see you next week!

Fawce xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment