Thursday 30 June 2016

June Favourites!

Hello everyone! I am back today with a new favourite's post! Choosing them was relatively easy this month, so let's get straight to it!




MAKE-UP:

Remember my obsession with lip products? Yeah, that's back. And it's back with a vengeance! This month, I have been all about liquid lipsticks! I just adore them, I feel I will probably never buy a normal lipstick again! (That's a lie, I'll always buy new lipsticks...).

First of all, I'm going to start with the first liquid lipstick I've ever bought, which is the Maybelline Vivid Matte Liquid in 05 Nude Flush!



How it looks on the lips.

This is absolutely beautiful! So light on the lips, very easy to apply, it tastes great, and stays on for a long time. The colour is the most perfect everyday pink as well, which is always a bonus in my book. The packaging is lovely too, great for keeping in my handbag! I just love this!

Up next, we have something very similar to the Maybelline Liquid Lipstick, and if you've read my previous post: NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream Review, then you'll definitely recognise this next one!

It's the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in No.8 San Paulo!



Like I said in my review of this product, the consistency is fantastic with this product! It's easy to apply, and again, is the perfect everyday pink! However, this one differs to the Maybelline one as San Paulo is just a little bit darker, so it could easily transition into being both a night and day lip colour! Love love love!

Finally, I'm sticking with NYX Cosmetics for this one, and am introducing a new favourite to the liquid lipsticks line up, and that is NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in No.9 Abu Dhabi!



Holy crap, I friggin' love this shade! When I purchased the other NYX lip creams to review, this particular shade was constantly out of stock! And it made me so depressed every time I went to the NYX counter and saw that it was never there. Until, one day, I walked into Boots on a whim, and found that they only had ONE IN STOCK! I grabbed it as quickly as I could, and celebrated rather loudly, embarrassing my best friend and making another shopper chuckle at my joy. The second I got home, I put it on and fell in love! Just like the other shades, it was easy to apply, tastes delicious, and makes me feel like Kylie Jenner. Also, as someone who has been to Abu Dhabi many times, I feel the name does it justice.

FASHION:

This month, I have been literally wearing the same outfit everyday. No, I'm not kidding.

I'll start of with Flannel Shirts. 


This Green Flannel Shirt is from H&M.
Now, overall, I own about 10 flannel shirts, and I love every single one. They're just so easy to wear! My go-to outfit this month has been black leggings, a tank top with a flannel shirt over the top (or if it's hot, tied around my waist) and black knee high boots. And, to add to my favourites: a choker. But not just any choker.

Particularly, this choker: the New Look Black Velvet Choker.



Originally bought for my Cinderella costume for parties, I began wearing this choker with my daily flannel shirt outfits and FELL IN LOVE! I don't know what it is, I just love chokers! Compared to a year ago when they began to come back into fashion, I was terrified of jumping on the trend. Now, I don't care. I'll wear a choker with any outfit! (It's become a problem...)

And finally, I'm jumping on another trend this month, and finally purchased a baseball hat. This hat is the New Look Grey Baseball Cap.




I've been meaning to purchase a simple baseball cap for ages now, ever since a friend told me they're great for travelling. But I never thought I was cool enough to wear one. I don't really know what came over me, but when I saw the plain grey hat for £7.00, I thought: sod it. And I'm glad I did! I absolutely love it! Plus, wearing it means that I can leave the house without doing my hair. I can be lazy again! Hooray!

RANDOM:

Whilst eagerly waiting for the return on Pretty Little Liars, and after finishing Gossip Girl last month, I needed a new series to get my teeth into. But rather than start a brand new series, I thought I'd rewatch an old favourite this month.

And that favourite is The Tudors.


Back in Primary School, I used to love learning about Henry VIII, and the fate of his six wives. I still remember the rhyme that helps you remember how he got rid of them all: Divorced / Beheaded / Died / Divorced / Beheaded / Survived!

Is that depressing? Sorry!

But once I was in secondary school, I hated History as it began to be about remembering dates of wars and battles, and I wasn't into that. I was more into the scandal behind royalty's lives! And this series shows exactly that! My dad and I used to watch it all the time about 2 years ago, so when I saw it was on Netflix, I knew I had to rewatch it!

Jonathon Rhys Meyers as Henry VIII is just phenomenal! And each actress who portrays each wife shows the distress and pressure of being Queen so accurately, especially Joely Richardson who portrays Catherine Parr, who was terrified of becoming Queen after the fate of others before her! Natalie Dormer as Anne Boleyn is mesmerizing. And Sarah Bolger as Mary Tudor, who would later become known as "Bloody Mary", completely presents her tragic past with such grace and such an ease that it makes you want to just hug her (but also stay as far away from her as possible!)

Honestly, if you're interested in period dramas, and you haven't watched The Tudors, DO! It's amazing! Very gory, very sexually explicit. It's basically Game Of Thrones before Game of Thrones was Game of Thrones, if that makes sense!

And finally, my last favourite for June is a bit of a personal one...and that is my own website: www.georgiafawcett.weebly.com. This is my new personal website that I use to present myself to both casting directors and mothers interested in hiring me for Princess Parties! I've spent all month trying to make it as professional as possible, but still keeping that same Georgia-flare that makes it interesting to look at. I'm very proud of it, and I hope you guys like taking a look!

And that's it for this month! What have your favourites been this month? Let me know in the comments below! I hope you guys liked this post, and I will see you next time!

Fawce xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment