Sunday 31 May 2015

Sunny Sunday! || A YouTuber's Comment

Hello all! Happy Sunday!

(My own image)

Even though the weather hasn't been too great this week in the UK, I'm still sticking to my positive Sunny thoughts this week! So, here are my positive things that have happened this week!



1. After the bathroom flooring in our house began crumbling at our feet for the last 6 months, my mum (the superwoman that she is!) set to take away the broken tiling, and replace them with brand new ones! And after working on it for 3 days straight, and getting hit on the head by a ladder after the cat climbed it, she replaced the entirety of our bathroom floor with brand new tiles! And it looks amazing! Well done, mum! What would dad and I do without you?

2. This week, all three of my cousins were back home, so we all went for celebratory drinks at the pub that my uncle owns. Not only was it amazing to see our family back together again, but I got to catch up with each cousin about their cray cray lives! My cousin Scarlett has been travelling all over the world, working on the Disney Cruise Line, which literally sounds like the most awesome job ever, so it was great to hear about her adventures, plus we got to meet her new boyfriend who is super lovely! (You can read all about her adventures on her blog right here!) All of our family friends were there also, so it was lovely to see everyone. Special shout out goes to my gorgeous friend Cam, who played Freidrich when I was Liesl in The Sound Of Music two years ago, who I haven't seen for about a year. So great to catch up with him again!

My gorgeous mum and I at the family reunion!


3. If you read my previous post, you will know that I have been trying out a new sample cleanser this week. (If you haven't read it, you can click right here to read it!) And that cleanser has literally done WONDERS for my skin! On top of using this new cleanser, I've also been going without make up for the majority of this week to give my skin a little breather, and never have I ever woken up with such lovely, blemish free skin until this cleanser. So much so, I even went and bought the starter kit for it so I can continue to use it once I've finished the 30ml sample. The cleanser? It's the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser! Not only has it cleared my skin, but the actual cleanser itself is the exact same price as my usual go to cleanser, so money literally isn't an issue! You can find all of Liz Earle's products now on www.feelunique.com!



4. Probably the most exciting thing that's happened to me this week is most definitely this! Now, on Wednesday, I was watching a LucyAndLydia video where they talked about a new app called BeautySpotter, and if you downloaded the app and liked all of Lucy and Lydia's pictures, you could be in with a chance of winning a £100 Feel Unique voucher. Standard YouTube giveaway stuff, you know how it is. As I would obviously very much like to win the voucher, I was much more intrigued by the app itself. The app is a photo app where you post pictures of your makeup/hairstyle/nail art and you can tag all of the products that you used in the photo, so that if someone likes the look you created, they can then go and buy the product you used straight from the app! It's basically a lazier way of window shopping.

So, I decided to download the app as I wanted to see what it was about, and I started posting pictures of my own. Pretty normal, I was just getting the hang of it, when suddenly, a notification popped up on my phone. I ignored it, as I was in the middle of posting a photo. When I was done, I went back to my profile and saw that I had 40 new notifications! What was going on? Scrolling through, it then clicked what had happened. I had 2 notifications that made my heart skip a little bit. The first said that LucyAndLydia were following me...then, another said that they had left a comment on my photo! And the comment said: "You look like Ashley Tisdale!"



I...am...shaking.

Here's something you should know about me: when High School Musical was released, I was obsessed with it. For about 4 years, it was my life! And my life goal in 2006 was to pretty much BE Ashley Tisdale! I had High School Musical stationary at school! I knew every word and harmony to every song. I even played Sharpay Evans in my schools production of it! (Here's a hilarious picture to prove it!)

Sharpay and Ryan! (I don't understand the pose either...)


Funnily enough, I've been told by many people that I looked like Ashley Tisdale, but I always thought that they were just trying to be nice, as I've been obsessed with her for almost 10 years now. But when a YouTuber, and not a small YouTuber, I mean a BIG YouTuber likes and comments on your photo, and says you look like a celebrity you admire, you can't really blame me for freaking out a little bit. And that's not where this story ends, oh no!

Because Lucy and Lydia liked my photo on the app, that meant my photo would be shown on their profile. And obviously, because they have such a huge following, and to enter the giveaway you had to like all of their photos on their profile; suddenly, my photo was on the top of the trending list on the app, right behind Lucy and Lydia's photos! With over 100 likes, and comments from the loveliest people, I can only thank these lovely twins for making my evening! (You can follow me on BeautySpotter here!) And if I ever get the chance to meet them in person, I can only hope that I can give them a massive hug and we can sing High School Musical together! (Can this happen? Yeah? Cool!)




5. This positive thing is kind of a cop out, as I'm not actually allowed to say anything yet, but I heard some good news this week about upcoming work at the end of this year. For those of you who don't know, my main job is to travel around to weird and wonderful places to perform as Disney Princesses in pantomime versions of their stories. I have played Cinderella, Snow White, Rapunzel, Elsa and most recently Princess Jasmine in Aladdin, and it's an incredible job to do, and this week, the company heard some positive news about new shows later on in the year! And I'm so excited!! As for which shows...well, that's going to have to remain a secret for now!

BONUS:

6. Last night, I went on my first proper night out on the town since Christmas, and I got to see one of my bestest friends who I hadn't seen since October last year! (Hello, Amy, I know you're reading!) It was amazing to see her again, and share stories over cocktails and dance the night away! I definitely needed it!

The only photo I got of the entire night...which is definitely a good thing!


And there we go! Those are my positive moments from this week! Can you believe we're at the end of May already? Insane! Have a wonderful June guys! And I'll see you on Tuesday with my May Favourites!

Fawce xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment