Monday 6 July 2015

Pack With Fawce: Planning!

Hey guys!

As I leave for my trip to Bahrain early Thursday morning, I have already begun to plan what I need to take with me! As I'm going for 16 days, I wanted to make sure I had enough essentials to take with me, so that I didn't panic last minute...like I do every other time I pack.

So, first of all, I needed to think about the place in which I was going, and what I was doing whilst there. As I am going there to do a show, the majority of my time will be spent rehearsing inside a hotel ballroom, but once the show begins, I'll then have free time to explore the lovely land of Bahrain, and spend some time in the glorious sunshine! However, I also need to consider the culture out there, as all shoulders and knees must be covered at all times regardless. Kind of a bugger when it's over 40 degrees! But still, you have to respect the culture! Therefore, no shorts for me!

Once I considered all that, I decided it would be best to write down a specific check list so that when it came to packing on Wednesday, I wouldn't panic and just chuck everything in! (Again, like I normally do!)




I tried to narrow it down as much as I possibly could, considering my outfit choices; thinking about outfits I had worn in similarly cultured countries, and trying to remember what I did and didn't wear before! Two pages to me doesn't seem like a lot, but to some of you, you probably think I'm going to overpack...and you're probably right!

The difficult thing is that I'm not packing for a holiday! I'm packing for work, so I can't include several pairs of sandals, shorts, play-suits and dresses! One maxi dress is all I can wear that is considered a "holiday" item! Instead, I need to pack trainers, leggings and tops to wear for rehearsals!

Once my list was complete (for now!), I decided to sort through my makeup. As I'm flying at 8am in the morning, I would like to take a small makeup bag with my essentials in so I can do my makeup on the plane, but because I'm going out there to do a show, I needed a seperate makeup bag filled with all of my stage makeup! It took me about an hour to finally narrow down the essentials for my little makeup bag, and to decide which eye shadow palette to take with me! For me, the Naked 1 palette is perfect, as it has all basic neutrals with darker shades to create any look you want! (Although, I am also taking the MUA Eye Shadow Palette "Glamour Nights" for my stage makeup!) For my extra makeup bits for my Snow White make-up look, I found this small black carry-case that will easily hold all of my lip products, fake eyelashes and spares in case I run out of anything during my trip!

My small Zoella Beauty make-up bag, filled with all my basic makeup for the flight.

My Urban Decay Naked palette (my everyday palette!)
I decided to pack some of my toiletries in a big wash bag (that used to be my old makeup bag!), including travel sized shampoos, conditioner and toothpaste! I won't show you everything that I'm taking, as some of it is a bit TMI, but you guys can probably guess which toiletries I'm taking with me!

The black bag on the left is full of stage makeup, and the colourful stamp wash bag is filled with toiletries.

(On the plane, I will be separating all of my makeup which are liquids into a clear bag for security purposes. I will also probably put some skincare items in there also!)

Finishing off my planning for today, I decided to put some accessories in a little bag to take with me! I decided to take two necklaces, one choker and one simple/statement necklace in silver, so it will literally go with any outfit! I also put in a couple of scrunchies with bow detail, just a add a little something to a ponytail or a top knot in rehearsals!



Taking a look at my list, I also narrowed down specifically which multiple items I will be taking, such as which pairs of sunglasses and which checked shirts I will take with me, and so on. However, I won't get them out and sorted until it's time to pack!

And that's my planning done! The next stage is actually packing everything into a suitcase! AHHH!

I hope you guys liked this post! It's a bit of a different one! Haha! But I will see you guys on Wednesday with a packing post!

Fawce xoxo.

1 comment:

  1. I think I should do a to do's packing list, I'm not the most organised person haha! I love your hand writing! x http://coffeeatmidnight13.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete