Saturday 25 July 2015

Cosmetics Haul!

Hey guys! I'm so sorry I've been AWOL this week, I've been working in an office 8am-5pm everyday this week and have been so exhausted I couldn't even turn on my laptop! (Shocking, I know!)

Also, I've been trying to put off posting this post, as many of my purchases still haven't arrived so I've decided to split my massive haul into 2 sections! This post will be all about the new make-up, haircare and body stuff that I've purchased, and my next post will be all about clothes and accessories that I've purchased! Hope that's alright!



So, let's get started with the cosmetics!


MAKE-UP:

(All of these Make-Up products can be purchased online at Superdrug!)

It was time for me to try something new with my make-up, meaning I had a good look around Boots and Superdrug to see if anything took my fancy. First of all, I needed to buy a new mascara, and recently I had heard wondrous things about the new Maybelline New York Lash Sensational Mascara, so I decided to try it out.



It has a nicely curved wand, and when they say it grabs every lash, they really aren't kidding. At first I had a love/hate relationship with it, as because it was new, it left me with very clumpy looking lashes as there was far too much product! But after a few days, it's lovely. It gives a nice amount of volume and length, but I would certainly use it with more natural looking makeup, and would probably add a thicker mascara over the top for more popping lashes for a night out!

Sticking with eye products, I also was in need of a new eye-liner, as I am a massive fan of a good cat-eye. This time, however, I stuck with an old reliable product that is both inexpensive and really easy to use! And that is the Collection EXTREME 24 Hour Felt Tip Liner.


Felt tip liners are by far my favourite, and I have used this particular liner for many years now, and I will forever love it! It doesn't dry out for ages too, as I cannot remember for the life of me when I last purchased my old one of these! If you're looking for a cheap, but fabulous liner to do the perfect cat-eye, I highly recommend this one!

For my last eye product, I decided to treat myself to something that I have wanted for a while now, but never thought of actually buying; as I can easily create the same look on my eyes with other eyeshadows from various palettes. If you read my June Favourites post, then you will know exactly which eye look I mean. Yes, I mean a rose gold eye shadow creation.

I have two other colours of this same product, and I really love them. However, they are more smoky, dark colours, so they're not necessarily good for just whacking on in the morning when I'm in a rush. In the end, I decided to bite the bullet, and purchase the Maybelline 24 Hour Colour Tattoo in Pink Gold.



This product will be so handy for when I need a little shimmer on my eyes in the morning when rushing to get somewhere, as it's very subtle, but build-able, and easily blend-able. Plus, it's a gorgeous colour (especially for summer!).

When searching through the Maybelline section for these products, I also came across the Maybelline New York "The Eraser Eye" Perfect and Cover Concealer in Light.


Funnily enough, when I bought this, Grace Helbig mentioned this in her favourites on the same day! Which did make me laugh! Basically, I just wanted to try a new concealer, and this one looked interesting to me. It took me a while to figure out how to get the product out of it, but once I did (a long time later...please don't judge me! Haha!) I realised that this product is perfect for under the eyes as a highlighter, as well as a concealer. I do believe though that it doesn't really last all day, as a little warning! But I suppose this product could be build-able, so maybe I'm just not using enough! Or my dark under-eye circles are just too prominent! Damn it! Haha!

Moving on to lips! If you've read my blog for a long time, you will know that I am obsessed with lip products! And this haul wouldn't be complete without at least a few! So first up, I want to talk about the new Rimmel London Kate Moss Nude Lipsticks in the shades 42 & 45!



Now, if there is something missing from my lipstick collection, it's a good couple of nude shades! So when I found out these were being released, I was extremely excited! I love the usual Kate Moss lipsticks, so these would be no exception. I purchased these two shades, as I felt they best suited my skin tone. When you purchase these in store, they should have a little chart displayed which suggests which shades would suit each skin tone, which is very handy indeed if you aren't particularly sure! My skin tone is quite pale, but my lips are naturally quite a dark pink.

Shade 45

Shade 42
As you can see, number 45 is a lot more of a pinky brown, that to me looks like the perfect shade for a night out with a dark smoky eye! And shade 42 is a lovely light pink that would look lovely with very natural make-up, just to add a little colour to a pale complexion.

For my final lip product, I have the Revlon Ultra HD Lipstick in Hibiscus.



I purchased this lipstick on the Superdrug website when buying some essentials, and it was on offer for £3.99 (down from £7.99!), so I decided to treat myself. It has a lovely balm-like texture, and this particular colour comes out like a corally peach colour, which looks lovely on the lips! It's also build-able, so you can have just a splash of colour, or a lovely bright coral lip if you want!

HAIR-CARE:

So, my hair is incredibly frizzy from the humidity of the summer breeze at the moment, and I was in desperate need of a miracle worker. I had a look in Superdrug, and saw that Toni & Guy were having 2 for £9 on all of their products, so I decided to pick up both the Toni & Guy Leave In Conditioner to control my frizz and give my hair a nice treatment, and the Toni & Guy Heat Protection Mist as I had run out of my usual heat protection spray.



So far, both products are pleasing me immensely! My hair is feeling smooth and healthy, and protected from all the heat of both my curlers and the summer sunshine!

I wasn't sure if these next couple of products needed to be included in the HAIR-CARE section, or in their own Body-Care section, but techinically, they deal with hair, so I'm including them here! First up, it is the Gilette Satin Care (With a Touch of Olay) Sensitve Shave Gel!


Pretty simple really, my legs need shaving as it's the summer months, and I had run out of shaving gel! And this one was on offer, and is one that I always use, so I know it is reliable and does exactly what it says on the tin.

This next product, again, deals with hair, but not in the sense you think. We're sticking with shaving for a moment here, but this time it's for your face! Its the Tinkle Eyebrow Razors.


I was watching POP Sugar's YouTube Channel, and they posted a video about shaving your face with these razors, and I was intrigued. Now, it's a bit embarrassing, but I defo have a bit of a girl-stache, and a lot of peach fuzz all over my face. I've tried waxing, I've tried tweezing, but I hated doing both. So when I watched that video about these razors, I definitely wanted to give them a try! You can watch that video here!

LUSH PRODUCTS:

I have a major obsession with Lush products, and when pay day arrived, I headed straight into the Lush store and had a good look around! However, this time, I asked for recommendations from the store girls, as I wanted to try something that I've never tried before! One of the girls mentioned the Lush Bath Melt in Floating Island!


Very similar to the Bath Bomb "Butterball", this product just melts away in the heat of the bath, leaving you in almost milky textured water, and the aroma of cocoa butter swirling around you. It obviously makes you smell amazing, and gives your skin a nice moisturising treatment, and doesn't include any hassle! Just plop it in the bath, and there you go!

I spoke to another store girl about my favourite bubble bar, the Comforter, and mentioned that as much as I love it, I wanted to try something new! So, she asked me if I had ever tried the Lush Brightside Bubble Bar before, to which I shook my head.


Her words were exactly "It's a gorgeous citrus scent, that gives the same effect as the Comforter, but it is far more summery!", to which I got excited and picked up straight away! And wow, does it smell like Summer! If you're a fan of fruity scents, I definitely recommend this, as the orangey scent will make you feel like you're stepping into an orchard!

RANDOM:

Finally, I purchased another little treat for myself. I was in need of a new make-up bag, as I was getting pretty bored of my old one! Plus, I wanted one that was big enough to hold some eye-shadow palettes inside, so it'll be easier for travelling! I searched for ages for something simple pattern wise, but big enough to hold my everyday make-up, and then I came across Zoella's Holiday Make-Up video, in which she had a gorgeous make-up bag bought from Alphabet Bags. So, I hopped on to their website, had a look at their wash bags, and ended up purchasing the same one Zoe has. So, here is the Alphabet Bags "You Look Lovely Today" Wash Bag!



It's big, it's beautiful, and exactly what I wanted! Plus, it makes me feel good just looking at it! And I know I will use it for a long time!

And that's it for this part of the haul! Make sure to come back later on in the week to see the other half of my major haul. where I'll show you guys some gorgeous clothes and accessories! :)

Much love to you all!

Fawce xoxo.

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to need those kate moss lipsticks!! I'm obsessed with nudes. Also, that mascara and color tattoo are amazing. I have the color tattoo in rose riot and bad to the bronze. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

    ippykrispy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete