Tuesday 2 June 2015

May Favourites!

Hello, all! June is here, which means it's time for my May Favourites!



I have been loving a lot of stuff this month, and they're a little all over the place, so I should probably stop rambling on, and get to it as we may be here all night! So, here are my faves!


SKINCARE:

This month, I have been obsessed with the Simple Micellar Cleansing Water!

You can purchase this product from Superdrug right here!

Simple is, without a doubt, my favourite drugstore skin care range, as all of their stuff is not only affordable, but suits every skin-type. I've never really understood the whole "cleansing water" thing, as I tried the Garnier Micellar Water many times, but it never improved my skin or made it any worse...it was just an extra thing to use, that would waste time in the morning. But when everyone was raving about the newly released Simple Micellar Water, I decided to give it another try. Currently, it's been my go to morning cleanser, just to get rid of all the grime that had got on my face over night, and it's been really lovely to use! It's refreshing on the skin, doesn't take long to apply and gets rid of all that pesky dirt and makeup that you may have missed from taking your makeup off the night before. And at only £4.49? You can't complain!

Up next is probably my favourite body cream I have ever used in my life, and that is the Laura Mercier Almond Coconut Milk Souffle Body Creme!

You can purchase this product from SpaceNK right here!

I first got a sample of this body cream about a year ago when I was a subscriber to Birchbox, and I loved the sample so much that I knew that, when I could afford it, I would treat myself to a massive jar of it when I could! And when I finished my Christmas job at Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, I purchased a massive jar the second I got home! Oh my god you guys, it smells frickin' incredible! It smells like a beautiful sunny holiday, which I know doesn't make any sense, but it's a gorgeously rich formula, with a scent that lingers all day long! And because I love it so much, I've made it last for as long as possible, and will only use it when I need a bit of a luxurious pick-me-up! It's moisturising without being sticky, or feeling wet after applying it, and I can guarantee if you use it, you will want to eat it! (But it's best you don't...cos...you know...)

MAKEUP:

Lip products are literally all I talk about on this blog, so obviously, I have two new lip favourites this month! The first is the Maybelline Color Drama Velvet Lip Pencil in the shade Fuchsia Desire!


You can purchase this product from Superdrug right here!
Not going to lie to you guys, I'm really loving matte lips recently, and when I saw this in Superdrug, I kinda feel in love with it at first sight! According to other Beauty Bloggers, it's an exact dupe of the Nars Velvet Lip Pencils, which I probably will never be able to afford, but this just feels so lovely on the lips, it doesn't smudge at all, it't easy to apply and even though it leaves a velvety/matte finish, it doesn't dry out your lips, which I adore! As I have the world's driest lips! I feel like this will last a lot longer than any matte lipstick too, as it isn't as thick. The colour is beautiful too, although I do wish they would release more of a variety of colours, then I would be super happy! But I am really loving this!

The second and final lip favourite this month is the Tanya Burr Lip Gloss in I Found Nemo!


You can purchase this lipgloss from Superdrug right here!
Ok, so the majority of lip glosses I own are from Tanya's range, purely because they're affordable, they taste amazing and leave a gorgeous finish. But this month, I have rediscovered a love for them! (Contradicting what I said earlier about my love for matte lips, I know.) And when she released new colours last Christmas, this was probably the only one I wanted to get my hands on, but for about 2 months it was completely sold out! Fast forward a couple of months later, I remembered how much I wanted it, so I had a look on Feel Unique with low expectations and IT WAS IN STOCK! And obviously, once I had it in my grasp, I was never letting it go! It's the most beautiful, coral pink shade, with a thick formula, with the same familiar sweet taste that all of Tanya's lip glosses have. It's just been so perfect for Spring, and no doubt I will keep wearing it all throughout Summer too!

CLOTHES/ACCESSORIES:

This month, I have rediscovered my love of going out with friends for some fun out on the town! At the beginning of this month, my lovely friend Natalie turned 21, and she had a little get together to celebrate, which gave me the perfect chance to dress up! And this ensemble has been my favourite outfit that I have put together this month!



So, to begin, let's start from the bottom and talk about this gorgeous Midi Skirt from TopShop!

Textured Blue Midi Skirt from TopShop (no longer available)

I bought this lovely skirt about a year ago, but never wore it until this month, purely because when I bought it, it was too tight on my waist. But now that I've lost weight, it fits perfectly and is so comfy and flattering to my body shape (as I now have a small waist, but wide hips). The colour is a beautiful lilac/cornflower blue, with an interesting texture to it, and the midi length made me feel super classy! And paired with these shoes, I felt like I was from the 50's!

(Please excuse the bruise on my front leg!)
These beauties are from Boohoo.com (bought this time last year, so are no longer available) and they are the comfiest heels I own! I know technically these aren't "high" heels, but they elongate my legs perfectly, and make them look gorgeously slim! Plus, because I still have my natural tan from working abroad, the colour really compliments my skin tone.

Moving upward, the top half of the outfit was quite an impulse decision!

Black, Long Sleeved Crop Top from River Island, necklace from New Look.

I bought the top on the day of the party, purely because I originally was going to wear a short sleeved crop top with a high neck, but as my collarbone is one of my favourite features (weird, I know) and my arms are one of my least favourite features, I popped into River Island to have a look for a long sleeved crop top, and found this beauty for £18. And I absolutely love it! It's quality is lovely, it fits like a glove, and I felt comfortable all night long, and I love the sweetheart neckline as I felt it looked really flattering! And paired with my favourite statement necklace that I bought from New Look when I was in Dubai, I felt like a 1950's princess! (You can now purchase this top for £10 on the River Island website right here!)

To add to this ensemble, I bought a new clutch bag from New Look that I have wanted for about 2 months now, and I have been absolutely obsessed with it this month! It's the New Look Purple Iridescent Metal Trim Clutch Bag!

You can purchase the bag here!
Look how PRETTY! When I saw it, I knew I had to have it! It's a great size, easy to carry, and the snakeskin texture paired with the purple iridescent effect; it's like carrying a little mermaid with me! It'll go with any outfit too, and is perfect for Spring and Summer! LOVE!

Another accessory I've been loving is something that, if you've read my previous blog posts, will look a little familiar! And, no surprise, it's a pair of sunglasses! And yes, they are Quay sunglasses. They are the Quay Australia Steelcat Sunglasses in Silver!

You can purchase these sunglasses in Gold from ASOS right here!

If you read my post about my Top 5 Sunglasses, you'll know that I actually own a pair of Steelcat sunglasses in Black, but when I saw that ASOS were offering the Steelcat sunglasses in Silver...I KNOW I KNOW I DIDN'T NEED THEM BUT I WANTED THEM! And they're amazing! I love the cat eye shape, and the design is so cool! I love Quay Sunglasses, and own way too many, but this month these have been on my face constantly! Super cute!

RANDOM:

As I said at the beginning, this months favourites have been all over the place! So, my first random favourite is quite random indeed, and it is a poster that I love a lot. It is the Disney's Cinderella (2015) Poster!


Casually strolling through HMV, I saw that they were offering this poster for £3.99. Now, obviously, I love everything Disney, and when I saw this new adaptation of my favourite childhood film, I absolutely loved it! Plus, I saw it when I was abroad with my mum and two of my best friends. Also, when we saw the film, the lady who took our tickets at the cinema told me I looked like Lily James, which literally made my life, to be honest! I just think the poster looks amazing in my room (on the back of my bedroom door), it lights up the room, Cinderella's dress is my favourite colour, and Lily James is pure goals. Plus, it's DISNEY! I love it!

Another random favourite this month is a smoothie! A Naked Smoothie to be exact! It's the Naked Blue Machine Superfood Blueberry Smoothie!

Post-gym selfie with the smoothie!

After going to the gym, I like to head over to Boots and get a nice, healthy meal deal for lunch! And usually, I would go for an Innocent smoothie or just some water, but when I saw this smoothie, I decided to try it out, as it contained all of my favourite fruits, including strawberries, grapes, banana's and blueberries. And it is GORGEOUS! It really is a Superfood Smoothie, it's really filling and I've actually been purchasing it to have as breakfast in the morning, especially on days when I go to the gym, as it's not too heavy, but keeps my energy level up for a good ol' session! Delicious!

For my final random favourite, I'm going to mention three of my favourite ladies on the internet. This month has been all about The Holy Trinity! And that is Grace Helbig, Mamrie Hart and Hannah Hart!

These ladies are just brilliant! Separately and together, they make me laugh harder than anyone else! And this month I have been watching their videos on repeat! They're hilarious, and I would love to see them live in a #NoFilterShow in London soon! My favourite video of theirs has to be The Hair Of The Dog, because, lets be honest, it's iconic! And if you've never seen any of their videos before, I seriously recommend them! Especially if you're having a bad day, because I can guarantee they will cheer you up immediately!

And that's it for my May Favourites! How crazy! Hope you guys liked this post, and comment down below one of your favourite things you've been loving throughout May! And I will see you guys in my next post!

Fawce xoxo.


8 comments:

  1. Those sun glasses are amazing! And I can't believe I haven't tried out Tanya's products yet. Next time I go into london I'm definitely going to take a look at her lip glosses because they look so pretty. x http://coffeeatmidnight13.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tanya's lip glosses are amazing! My favourites of hers are I Found Nemo, Aurora and Chic! Afternoon Tea is beautiful too! :) Thank you so much for reading!<3

      Delete
  2. Omg I love that bag sooooo much!!
    http://x-crossmyheart-x.blogspot.co.uk/
    -xxxx-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ME TOO I'M OBSESSED WITH IT! :D Literally wish I could use it everyday! :) Thank you for reading!<3

      Delete
  3. That skirt is so gorgeous, as are the shoes you paired it with. This post was so lovely, so nice to see how much effort you put into it. Olwyn x

    wordsonanemptypage.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much! That's really sweet! I love writing this blog, and I want to make sure that every post is filled with positivity and hard work! :) Thank you so much for reading!<3

      Delete
  4. Can i first say how gorgeous you are and that outfit just shows that even more! Also the Tanya Burr lipsticks are some of my faves too but i will have to try i found nemo as it looks pretty and i just adore the name x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh em gee, you are the sweetest! Thanks gorgeous! Same here, I own way too many, but I do really recommend I Found Nemo, especially for the summer! :) Thanks so much for reading! <3

      Delete