Thursday 28 May 2015

A Haul of Necessities!

Hey guys! Hope you're having a lovely day!

This week, I went into town to buy some essentials, and a couple of little extra bits and pieces to, ya know, treat myself, and I thought that I would show you guys what I got!

So, here's a small haul for you all!




First up, I wanna show you guys something that I bought on eBay that I'm kind of obsessed with! I was reading through Ellie Steadmans blog (Ellie's Ramblings), and she has recently posted about a really cool phone case. It's a really gorgeous, translucent case with glitter and stars inside it that swirl around when you twist your phone about, and I've wanted one of these for ages, and when I saw that the one Ellie bought was super cheap from eBay (and they did it for an iPhone 5C!) I decided to get it!



I decided to get it in silver glitter with pink stars, as I felt that silver would look the nicest with my bright coral 5C, and I'm not going to lie to you guys, I may or may not have spent about half an hour just moving my phone around to see the glitter stars swirl! You can buy one of these phone cases right here, and definitely head to Ellie's blog and check out her post about them!

Up next, we have some essentials bought from Superdrug! The first are 2 packets of Simple Cleansing Wipes!



Now, I'm going to admit something naughty...every night, I use these cleansing wipes to take off my makeup! I KNOW I KNOW IT'S AWFUL! Don't judge!

Ok...you can judge a little bit. I just find these so, well, simple! They're the only cleansing wipes that really remove all of my make up, and they are always on offer. Currently, they're buy 1 get the 2nd half price in Superdrug. But don't worry, I do use a good face cleanser after using these just to make sure that my skin is super clean!

I also purchased something that's probably really boring to some of you, but to me, is something that will save me. Well, will save my teeth anyway...it's the Colgate Total 12hr Pro-Guard Mouthwash in Spearmint Burst.


Tastes great, will protect my teeth and will keep the dentist away! Simples!

Leaving Superdrug, I then headed over to Boots to see if they had any offers on, as Superdrug were lacking in theirs. First thing I came across was Rimmel London; they were having £2 off of their foundations, and as my Match Perfection foundation is almost empty, I decided to pick up another one in the shade Ivory.


This is without a doubt my favourite foundation! It's lovely and lightweight, it suits my skin perfectly and leaves a nice, dewy finish. Perfect for summer too, as it has SPF 18 and, like I said, is lightweight so doesn't feel cakey on the skin.

Moving on! Currently, my night time face cleanser is running out, and I had a sudden epiphany of wanting to finally try the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser. Now, I know I'm about 4 years late with this, but after watching lots of YouTube favourites/skincare routines, it seemed pretty obvious that Liz Earle is the company to go to. Luckily, I still had a small 30ml sample size of the cleanser that I got in a Birchbox last year that I had yet to use, so I decided to give it a try for a few nights before buying the complete kit. And I freaking love it! So, I went a purchased the starter kit from the Liz Earle counter!



Obviously, I'm going to continue using the sample size, and also finish my other cleanser before starting this lovely cleanser. But the sample is making my skin feeling absolutely gorgeous (the lady at the Liz Earle counter said my skin looked amazing before I even said anything to her!), and I can't wait to start using this! I'll probably do a blog post on it after I've finished using it, but people more qualified and who actually know about skincare have already posted about it, so I probably won't.

Last week, I saw one of my best friends who I hadn't seen for ages, and, not to sound weird or anything, but when I hugged her, she smelled absolutely amazing! I asked her what perfume she was wearing, and she pulled out of her handbag the new Ted Baker body spray! I think on the Boot's website, it goes by the name "Pink", and for £7, I just couldn't say no! So I bought one for myself!




This body spray will now live in my handbag over the summer! It's a lovely, floral scent that's not too overpowering, but lingers all day long! Love it! 

Just when I thought I was finished, I then went over to the clearance section, as I saw they had some Essie nail polishes on sale in there. Although I didn't pick one up, I did however find something that I have been wanting to buy for ages! And that is the Soap And Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Extreme Lip Plumper in the shade Pink Out Loud!



Basically, I was just intrigued. So many bloggers talk about the Sexy Mother Pucker range, and I've always wanted to try it, but at £10 for a plumping lip gloss, that wasn't going to happen. But when I saw it in the clearance box for £5, I decided to give it a whirl! And they don't lie to you either, the tingly sensation it leaves is super weird!

Once I left Boots, I remembered that I was in need of some new black leggings, as my old pairs are now ripping at the seams from our lethal washing machine. So, I headed over to Select and picked up 2 pairs of black leggings for £8.


I really like Select's leggings as they aren't too thick, but still tuck everything in (if you know what I mean!) and are super comfy! And when it's 2 for £8, you can't really complain!

Just when I thought that would be it for my haul, two things arrived in the post this morning that I thought I would show you guys!

First up, we have the Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream!


This is another one of those products that I've wanted to try for the longest time, but it's original price of £26 just for me to test it out as a lip balm seemed a bit extreme. However, over the past month, my lips have been so dry and cracked, that I was in desperate need of a miracle worker. And then, I came across a website called allbeauty.com, which offers expensive products at a cheaper price. After being a skeptic at first, I saw that they had the original Eight Hour Cream for £13! And I knew I just had to try it out! I can't wait to put it on my lips overnight tonight and see if it helps. I'm not a big fan of the scent (it has a very tangy, gone-off orange smell to it), but apparently they offer a fragrance free Eight Hour Cream, which I will definitely purchase once I've used this one up! Fingers crossed it works!

And finally, just for fun, another item that arrived at my door this morning was a bargain that I found on eBay! Yep...I bought another pair of friggin' sunglasses! And no surprise, they are Quay Australia sunglasses!



How Elle Woods are these? I love them! And at £2.20? Major bargain! Especially as all of my other Quay Australia sunglasses are around £25 each! In love!

And that's all folks! Hope you guys liked this post, and definitely leave a comment if you have any of the items listed above and your opinions on them! And tell me something new you've bought recently! :)

Fawce xoxo

7 comments:

  1. Those sunglasses look cute! Aaah it reminds me of sweet pink cotton candy. :)

    www.annescribblesanddoodles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thanks sweet! If only they tasted like pink cotton candy...then I would love them even more! :) thanks for reading! <3

      Delete
  2. love the sunglasses! I'm also obsessed with the Rimmel match perfection foundation, definitely my favourite foundation that I've ever tried :) http://coffeeatmidnight13.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thnaks hun! Literally, it's the only foundation that I use! FOUNDATION TWINS! :D Thanks for reading! <3

      Delete
  3. Great haul! I really want to try that lipgloss! Too bad it leaves a weird feeling. :D

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! It does leave a weird feeling, but after about, maybe, 15 minutes the tingly sensation wears off! ;) hehe! Thanks for reading! <3

      Delete
  4. That phone case looks sooooo nice! SPARKLES!!!!
    http://x-crossmyheart-x.blogspot.co.uk/
    -xxxx-

    ReplyDelete