Friday 10 July 2015

London Town!

Hello everyone!

I have literally just returned from a morning in lovely London, and thought I would do a quick post on it as it was a lovely four hours, in the glorious sunshine, and whilst walking through London, I really let my mind wander. So, let's get started!




First of all, the reason I was in London today was because my multi-talented mother had an audition for a McDonald's advert at around lunchtime, and because I wasn't doing anything today, I decided to join her for the day and give her moral support. We are exactly alike when it comes to auditions, meaning that we both get extremely nervous and anxious! So it was time I paid her back, with all of the support she gives me during my auditions, it was only fair I returned the favour.

We got into London Charing Cross at exactly 11am on the dot, and began to make our way to the studios in which the auditions were taking place. It was only a 15 minute walk, and by 11;15am we had reached our destination. Because we were really early, we decided to find a small coffee shop to get a drink before we needed to be back at the studios, and just down the road was a Pret, so we chilled in there for a little while, and then headed back to the studios. We waited about 20 minutes before my mum was in and out like a flash! It was her first ever commercial audition, so all she wanted was for it to be a good experience, which it was!

Once she was all done and finished, we decided to take a stroll to Primark in Oxford Street and see if there were any reductions on their Disney & Emoji T-Shirts, which my mum and I practically live in! What surprised me was the fact that we could easily walk to Oxford Street from where we were, as I assumed it was right in the middle of London, as usually, we get the tube to Oxford Circus. But to save money, we decided not to get an All-Day Travelcard and just get a days return to Charing Cross. I will definitely just be walking the way there in the future, especially if the weather is as gorgeous as it was today!

Once inside Primark, mum and I headed straight over to their reductions section, and straight away found T-Shirts for ourselves! Mum picked up a cute Emoji T-Shirt and another T-Shirt with a Coca Cola cartoon on it, and I picked up this gorgeous Disney T-Shirt that was just calling my name! What I love about it is that it's still Disney, but without being too over the top, plus, I bought it in a size up as I wanted it to be oversized so I could easily just wear it with leggings for rehearsals. All of the T-Shirts only cost £3! What a bargain!



I had mentioned to mum in the shop that I currently don't own any shorts whatsoever, as I only own two pairs of denim shorts: one pair are too big, and the other pair are too small! So, we headed over to the Shorts section, where they had reduced them all! Taking a look at the denim shorts, I felt a little disheartened, as the majority of them were "mini" shorts (meaning my bum would be hanging out all over the place in 'em!). It wasn't until my mum picked up a lovely pair of black shorts that were reduced from £5 to £3.90, that I became excited! They're so cute! They're just the right length, because they're black they will go with any top, and after secretly trying them on underneath my skirt in the middle of the shop, they fit perfectly!



After picking up these items, I realised that I had actually bought a completely assembled outfit! And putting them on together, I think I had just created the perfect outfit that describes me! Haha!



Once we had treated ourselves in Primark, we headed back (the long way) to Charing Cross Station to head home, as because we didn't have much money, there was little else we could do in a town as expensive as London! But before getting on the train, we realised just how hungry both of us were, and stopped off at Burger King to get a Whopper meal each. Sorry, McDonald's! And sorry, body! The diet will continue tomorrow, but that Whopper was exactly what I needed!

When walking through London today, I realised several things. First of all, I had no idea that we had a Chipotle restaurant in this country! Let alone in just London! I saw about 3 Chipotle restaurants, and had always assumed it was an American restaurant, as you see many American vloggers talking about it! So, that surprised me! Also, I think my favourite street we walked down was Monmouth Street, as they had really lovely, blue bunting hung across the street, and everything was colourful and bright, that you just couldn't help but smile when walking down it!

We also strolled past many West End theatres, and even walked past the Prince Edward theatre when heading to the station, which is where my mum was in Anything Goes with Elaine Paige back in the day! I think that is my favourite part about London; seeing all of the theatres. Seeing who's starring in them at the moment, the bright sparkling lights surrounding the show sign, and seeing hundreds of booths all around selling tickets for any show you want to see. I just love it!

Of course, we had to take a stroll through Trafalgar Square on a gorgeous sunny day like today! I didn't take any pictures other than two in the square when crossing the road...didn't want to seem too much like a tourist.



But that was my day in London! Hope you guys liked this post! Do let me know what your favourite thing to do in London is! And I will see you guys next time!

Fawce xoxo.

3 comments:

  1. Ah, I absolutely love going into London. I go there quite often but each time the city still amazes me. Such a cool place! x http://www.coffeeatmidnight13.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am yet to go to London, but after seeing your lovely pictures and reading your post, it will definitely be going in my diary :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am yet to go to London, but after seeing your lovely pictures and reading your post, it will definitely be going in my diary :)

    ReplyDelete