Friday 3 July 2015

June Favourites!

Hello everyone! So, it's July! How crazy is that?

But you know what that means? Yep! Time for another monthly favourites!



Here we go!


SKINCARE:

As you guys know, I'm always trying something new with my skincare routine. However, this month it's been pretty much the same, apart from one thing! If you've seen my recent haul post, you will know that I purchased the Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream and that I wasn't a big fan of the scent of it. I purchased it as my lips were extremely dry and cracked, and I needed a miracle worker to sort them out; which I thought would be the cream. Unfortunately, I couldn't get over my dislike of the scent, but I will still use the original cream for dry skin and such. So instead I purchased the Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream Nourishing Lip Balm, and OH EM GEE, DO I LOVE IT SO!


I've been putting this lip balm on before bed, and wearing it with basic makeup when I just want an extra bit of moisture on my lips, and I can honestly say it has SAVED ME. My lips feel soft, hydrated, and it got to work within a week of wearing it! It will be fabulous for the summer months too as it has SPF 20! If your lips are feeling like they could use a bit of luxury, then I would definitely recommend this! (It is a bit more pricey compared to other lip balms, but it really is worth the price! Trust me!) Love love love!

MAKE-UP:

A favourites post on my blog wouldn't be the same without at least one lip product, and as always, I have another favourite this month! Remember in my May Favourites when I said I had been loving matte lips? Well, this month has been exactly the same! This month, I have been really loving the Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in the shade "Elusive"!





When these were first released not too long ago, everyone was obsessed with them, but at £7.99, I just didn't feel the need to purchase one of them. However, when Superdrug offered 2 for £10 on all Revlon products, I decided to give it a try and I purchased two of the matte balms in the shades Elusive and Audacious (which is an orangey red shade). The reason I love this one so much is purely because it is so easy to wear! It's such a wearable pink shade that looks lovely on the lips, and it really suits my pale skin tone. Plus, it's summer, so pink is definitely the shade I go to! I keep it constantly in my handbag to put on when I'm in a rush, and it's build-able, so you can have just a tint of pink, or bright luscious lips! Love this!

Another obsession of mine this month has been a certain eye shadow combination, to create a gorgeous rose gold finish with two of my favourite eye shadow palettes: Urban Decay's Naked 1 & Naked 3.




Combining eye shadow colours from each palette, my go to eyeshadow look has resulted in a rose gold shade that I have literally been wearing everyday this month! Starting off with the Naked 1 palette, I use Virgin in the inner corners of my eyes to brighten and create a soft transition into the shade Half Baked which is a gorgeous gold, and then use a small amount of Smog in the outer corners to define and shade.



Now, you could stop there with this eye shadow look and just have a regular gold shimmery look, but I've loved adding Naked 3's shade Trick over the top of Half Baked to give it a bit of a pink tone, that just creates the most beautiful rose gold shade, and the amount of compliments I've had on my eye makeup this month can only justify it further!


Trick does look very similar to Half Baked, but I promise when you wear it, Trick does have more of a pink tone (my camera just doesn't pick up on it!).

Up next, this product isn't new, and it literally has been a favourite of mine for the last few months, but I really wanted to include it in my favourites this month because it is just gorgeous and it deserves recognition! And that is the MAC Cinderella Beauty Powder in "Mystery Princess".





I have been using this beauty powder as my go-to highlighter this year, and I just have so much love for it. First of all, the packaging is beautiful, I love the colours and holding it in my hand makes me just feel like a princess. As a highlighter, it gives a sheen, shimmery glow to my skin and UGH I JUST LOVE IT SO MUCH! I never want it to run out; I will treasure it forever!

CLOTHES:

I have one favourite piece of clothing this month, and that is this lovely crop top from New Look that I bought a year ago!


I bought this top in the sale on a whim, and only this month have I actually felt confident enough to wear it! I absolutely LOVE IT! Now that the weather is getting warmer, this top has been my go-to, as it goes perfectly with a pair of high-waisted jeans, or some funky, patterned trousers, or a simple skirt! Plus, because it's white, it means I can accessorize it with not only different colours, but different patterns too! It's lightweight, the lace detail at the edging is really pretty, and the straps have an elastic quality, so it's lovely and stretchy! Love!!



CANDLES:

Spring and Summer means gorgeous candles to make your room smell delicious! And this month, I have been obsessed with a certain candle so much, that I'm actually too scared to light it! And that is the Bath & Body Works White Barn "Peach Bellini" Scented Candle!




When I came back from Dubai in April, I brought home a tea light version of this candle, and became obsessed with the scent! I love peaches, but this candle actually specifically smells like the taste of a twin rocket ice lolly (like the ones my nan and grandad used to give me at their house when I was little!), and was far too scared to light it and use it up because it was only small, and I loved the scent too much! So when my dad went back to Dubai this month, I asked him to bring me home a massive version of this candle, and bless him, HE DID! And it now lives on my bedside table, and once I'm brave enough, I will finally light it and make my room smell like a delicious ice lolly! If you live anywhere near a Bath & Body Works, first of all, I'm incredibly jealous, and second of all, SMELL THIS CANDLE! If you like sweet, fruity scents, you will LOVE THIS!

MUSIC:

This month, I have been loving listening to music more than ever! Whenever I'm walking somewhere, at the gym, or just chilling out in my room; music never fails to cheer me up. But there are certain songs that I have adored listening to this month! The first is by one of my favourite artists, and it's California Dreamin' by Sia!



(If the video link doesn't work, you can listen to it here!)

Recorded for the film soundtrack of San Andreas, I randomly came across this track on iTunes when looking for new songs to listen to, and fell in love with this track! The lyrics are gorgeous, Sia is just phenomenal as usual and when the beat drops, holy crap. It's amazing!

My other favourite song this month is one that I'm probably really late in loving, but it has literally been my JAM this month! And it is Shut Up And Dance by Walk The Moon!



(If the video link doesn't work, you can listen to it here!)

I have nothing to say other than this song is freakin' awesome, and it is definitely my song for summer! I love it!

NETFLIX:

This month for me has been all about chilling out and watching Netflix! And obviously, I couldn't go without mentioning the newly released Season 3 of Orange Is The New Black! This show is comedy genius! I love that in the new season you can really see how all of our favourite characters have developed over time in prison (who else loves Pennsatucky's new perspective?!) and I also love how they're focusing less on Piper now, and more on the other dynamic personalities in the prison! I really enjoyed this season, and am eagerly awaiting Season 4! Not too early, right?!

My other Netflix favourite this month is another majorly talked about series, that I have been meaning to watch for the last couple of years. This month, I finally got around to watching Pretty Little Liars. I. Am. OBSESSED. I literally watched all 5 seasons within 2 weeks, and am seriously so invested in it...WHO IS A?! I NEED TO KNOW! It's captivating, exciting, and also anxiety inducing...but in a good way! And Season 6 is just as amazing! It's hilarious to see what the show develops into throughout the seasons; it's definitely a different show in the earlier seasons to what it is in the later seasons! But it's thrilling! And I really recommend it!

And that's it for my June favourites! I hope you guys liked this post, and leave a comment down below what you've been loving in June! And I'll see you guys next week!

Fawce xoxo.


4 comments:

  1. Omg I NEED that top!
    http://x-crossmyheart-x.blogspot.co.uk/
    -xxxx-

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE anything Elizabeth Arden and the Naked one palette!!

    xx aubsmeetsblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to try that cinderella brand for a while now, it looks amazing! x http://coffeeatmidnight13.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete