Monday 18 May 2015

Photographer Extraordinaire!

Hello, all!



This weekend, I had a look through some old photographs on my Facebook profile, and I came across something that really made me laugh!





Now, back in the day of GCSE Art, I absolutely loved taking pictures. Photography was a hobby of mine, and because I couldn't draw or design things very well; photography was definitely my way of getting an A* for Art. It started by my best friend lending me her expensive camera and letting me take many pictures of her for my course, which I never took seriously. Therefore, leaving me with a C in GCSE Art. But, what I realised when taking a lot of ridiculous pictures of her, is that I loved the experience and creativity of it. So, to make up for my C, the next year I decided to take BTEC Art & Design. A course which involved a lot of photographs, that I then uploaded to Facebook and Deviant Art.

What made me laugh most was how amazing I thought they were back in the day, when really, they kind of look a bit crap. But that's what improving is for, I suppose. And at the end of the course, I did end up getting 4 A*'s in Art & Design, which then prompted me to do Photography at A-Level. Which I gave up after a couple of months of being told I was shit everyday by my teacher.

So, today, just for lols, I thought I would share with you guys some of my "amazing" art work. Some of which, are actually quite good, thanks to my art teacher letting me use his fancy Canon camera and teaching me how to use photoshop...but some are...well, quite disturbing.

(all of these photos are my own...sadly.)

"Intoxicating" - Final piece for my GCSE Art. 


Another final piece for GCSE Art.


"Apple of her Eye" - My wonderful friend Lucy, posing with an apple. This particularly made me laugh. Part of my final piece for BTEC Art & Design about Deforestation.

"At the beach" -  A Deviant Art special. 

"The FUR-Middable Truth" - Another classic for my BTEC Art & Design, inspired by PETA's campaigns against wearing fur.

Dunorlan Park - Taken on a small digital camera when I first discovered my love for photography.

"A Ghost Seeking for Home" - BTEC Art & Design, about deforestation. Bless you, Lucy for posing in the woods for this,

"Home" - BTEC Art & Design about Deforestation, again, Lucy, thank you. And sorry.

One of the first photos I ever took on my fancy Fujifilm camera that I got for my 16th birthday. LOL.

Cinemascope - I was just really into the Twilight series and Ghost Whisperer when I did this photoshoot with Lucy...all of these photos were also inspired by the Alton Towers advert for their 13 ride back in 2011.

My baby, Smudge, posing for me.

"Chilling" - Deviant Art classic.

"Through the Tree's" - Again, Deviant Art classic.

Hilarious, right?! Especially the titles...all given on Deviant Art when I was 16 and thought I was A.) an amazing photographer and B.) a bit of an emo. Well, a wannabe emo. Hey, everyone goes through that stage, right?

Going through these photographs did, however, make me want to dig out my old Fujifilm camera and get back into taking pictures, as recently, my iPhone camera has been my only option. So, hopefully, my next blog posts will be full of mediocre pictures rather than just regular fuzzy iPhone images. Yay!

Hope you guys liked this post! And see you next time!

Fawce (the photographer extraordinaire!!) xoxo.

6 comments:

  1. I went through the exact same phase! I was such a wannabe emo, and at the time i thought i looked so cool! I use to take so many pictures, there are some really good ones here :)
    <3
    perfectfixations.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The classic emo phase is always an awkward one! ;) Aww, thank you so much! Some of them are at least a little bit decent, others are definitely in homage to my emo phase! Thanks for reading! <3

      Delete
  2. Some of these images made me laugh, because they reminded me so much of
    how I used to be when I was younger - taking crappy pictures and thinking they
    were the most amazing ones ever taken. That being said, I absolutely love the one
    with the rainbow coloured eyes. Seriously, it's fantastic!
    letscoba.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I'm glad they made you laugh! :) Aww, thank you so much! Apparently, according to my art teacher, that photo was the only thing that made me actually pass the course! Thank you for reading! And I hope to see some of your old images some day! ;) <3

      Delete
  3. Yes we all went through the wannabe emo stage, I took loads of photos and edited them to shit as well - I actually quite like some of these though!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Literally, I would spend entire weekends editing photos to death! ;) Thank you so much! Glad you like some of them! <3

      Delete