Tuesday 9 June 2015

My Favourite Summer Nail Polishes (feat. Barry M!)

Hey guys! 

As the sunshine is finally making an appearance here in the UK, I thought I would do a nice, summery post for you guys today! And as I recently have become obsessed with nail polish again, I thought I would show you guys my top nail polishes for Summer from one of my favourite brands: Barry M! Here we go!


My Box of goodies!
(This post is not sponsored and all opinions are my own)

You may find that all of the nail polishes that I picked out are of the same variety of colours, but all of them I find so perfect for the summer months, and vary from bright and bold, to pastel and pretty!


I've seperated them into 4 different groups, just because it's easier, and as you can see, some of them are more similar than others.

To begin, I want to show you guys the 4 Limited Edition Summer shades that they released exclusively to Boots and Superdrug last year. Obviously, you can't purchase them nowadays, but hopefully Barry M will release similar shades this summer, because these are GORGEOUS!



EXCLUSIVE TO BOOTS: Carousel & Bikini

These shades are, funnily enough, not what I would say were "summer shades", but when I saw that they were Limited Edition, I picked them up anyway! First of all, the names: SUPER CUTE! Carousel is a gorgeous, coral shade with glimmers of gold, and paired with the name, it just made me think of the fun fair on the pier at the beach! Bikini is a lovely, rich blue that has been living on my toenails over the last few months, plus, I actually have a bikini in this colour! So it was meant to be! The consistency of the regular Barry M Nail Paints aren't the best, as they take about 3 coats to fully cover my nails (but that's just me!), but the colours are definitely worth it!

EXCLUSIVE TO SUPERDRUG: Seaside & Promenade

Now THESE are what I call summer shades! I actually really love both of these shades, and pretty much wore Seaside everyday last summer! It's a beautiful sea blue, with specs of silver shimmer inside, creating a beautiful metallic sheen on your nails! Currently, I have Promenade on my nails right now, and I am loving it! Once again, creating a lovely metallic sheen, but in the most gorgeous shade of pink that makes me feel like a beach babe! Also, the names? Adorable. Like I said before, these do take a few coats to fully cover your nails because of the thin consistency, but the colour makes it worth it, I mean, look how pretty!


Up next, I want to show you guys my favourite pastel shades from Barry M's Gelly Hi Shine range! As pastels are, without a doubt, my favourite in the summer months!



Prickly Pear is the most beautiful lilac shade, with thick consistency, which I really admire about the Gelly Hi Shine range, but out of all of these shades, Blueberry is without a doubt the shade I wear the most! I get so many compliments when I were Blueberry, and, this may sound silly, but this nail polish is my "lucky shade" (Plus, it's my most favourite colour!). Green Berry is the cutest pastel green without being too light; it looks lovely on paler skin tones (like myself) and reminds me of mint chocolate ice cream, and Dragon Fruit is the most gorgeous Barbie Pink, and it certainly makes me feel like Barbie when I wear it! 

To add to this pastel collection, I wanted to add in some random favourites of mine!



Sky Blue is a recent purchase of mine, and I really love this shade. It's a pretty, light blue. although I wouldn't say it reminds me of the sky, as the name suggests. Still, it's really lovely, and as it's part of the Gelly Hi Shine range, along with the others; the consistency is nice and thick, and with a top coat it stays on my nails for a nice long time. Coconut is another one of my favourites for the summer, as it's a thick white shade that looks absolutely beautiful with a tan! Plus, it's a good base for when I attempt to do ombre nails. The name is just as adorable as the others, and is perfect for summer! (Unfortunately, it doesn't smell like coconut, which is a real shame!) But the final pastel shade comes from a different Barry M range, and it is In A Heart Beat from the Speedy Quick Dry range, and this is just the most gorgeous pastel coral shade, which looks lovely on all skin tones, and combining both trends for the summer months (pastel and coral) it's perfect! I'm also very impressed by the Speedy Quick Dry range, however, this is the only shade I own, but I will definitely be purchasing more!

Now, summer isn't only about pastel shades, it's also the time to experiment with bright, block colours! And my picks are definitely the brightest of them all!



Ok, so it's pretty obvious that blues, greens and pinks are my go-to colours for summer! But with shades like these, can you blame me?! Damson is the prettiest royal blue that really stands out on paler skin tones. Kiwi is the cutest bright green that just SCREAMS Summer to me, plus the name suits it amazingly, and Pink Punch is the brightest pink I think I've ever seen, and is definitely my colour. Remember earlier when I said I attempted ombre nails? Well, combining Coconut, Dragon Fruit and Pink Punch, I managed to create somewhat decent nail art using these nail polishes, and I really recommend you guys use this brand for your next venture into nail painting!


(You can purchase all of these nail polishes in Boots or Superdrug from £2.99!)

And that's it! Hope you guys liked this post, and leave a comment down below telling me which colour is your favourite! And I hope you have a wonderful week!

Fawce xoxo.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, it's like a lucky dip with nail polishes haha! I have way too many half of which I don't use oops. I'm obsessed with Barry M they always do really pretty colours! x www.coffeeatmidnight13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete