Sunday 21 June 2015

Happy Father's Day

Hello again!

I apologise for being a little AWOL this week, I'd love to say it was because I was busy, but really I've just been watching Pretty Little Liars for the first time and I'm pretty sure it's not normal to get through 3 seasons in a week!

Anyway, I was going to do another Sunny Sunday post today, as a lot of positive things have happened this week, including my dad coming home from working in Dubai for the last few weeks. But, as it's Father's Day today, I thought I would dedicate this post to my lovely dad.



My dad and I are as close as fathers and daughters could be. We've been through quite a lot these last couple of years, and throughout everything, he's always stayed jolly and optimistic. He inspires me everyday to laugh and smile, even though times can be tough. However, being the awful daughter that I am, I completely forgot to buy him a Father's Day card! When I spoke to him earlier in the week, I mentioned that I had yet to get him a present and a card, and that because I'm low on money, he may have to wait until I get paid at the end of July. But he told me not to worry. He told me that he doesn't believe in dedicating an entire day to one parent when children continuously show their love everyday. I apologised to him this morning, and yet again, he told me not to worry. Now, I know that a lot of people choose to spend days like today celebrating with their parents, maybe go for a nice meal, or have a little get-together with the entire family; but my family are spending it differently. My mum is working till late today, and my dad has gone to play cricket. So, I'm currently home alone (watching Pretty Little Liars...). And it's given me time to reflect on just how lucky I am to have such a kind, easy-going father.

When I needed money for a coffee with friends, he would kindly give me some. When I was out of school and going into the world of professional performing, he gave me my first job. When I got so drunk that I was throwing up everywhere at a friends house, he gladly picked me up and laughed at my teenage antics. I know a lot of girls my age argue with their parents on a daily basis, but my parents and I aren't like that. Don't ask me why, because I have no idea! We're lucky that in today's society, that we have the courage to speak up to our parents. To talk back, to disagree, sometimes we even scream the words I HATE YOU. Back in the day, children were told to be "seen and not heard". And were taught to be afraid of their fathers. We really are lucky to say what we think around them today. But does that mean we should? I don't think I have ever told either of my parents that I hated them, even in my biggest tantrums; I would never dare to even say those three words. Because you never know, it may seem like the smallest thing in the world to you, but to your mum or dad, those three words can feel like a stab to the heart. So, kids, in your next tantrum, try the words "I DISAGREE!". That may seem more appropriate.

I'm lucky to have the relationship I have with my dad, no matter what, I can always count on him to help me with anything. Even if he's miles away: he will always be there for me. And I know what he'd say after reading this: "What do you want to borrow?!" So, here's to you, dad! I love you more than I can say, and here's a big THANK YOU for everything you've done for me.

And here's to all the dad's out there! I hope you have all a wonderful Father's Day, and I will see you guys next week!

Happy Father's Day, dad! From your little princess x


Fawce xoxo.

1 comment:

  1. i'm very close with my dad as well, happy father's day to yours :)

    danielle | avec danielle // giveaway

    ReplyDelete