Thursday 4 June 2015

Blogging Newbie: Why I'm Here!

Hello readers!



Today's post is just going to be a regular, chit-chatty post, as I realised that most people who read my blog that don't have a blog themselves don't really understand what and why I have one, and I thought that I would just clear up a few things. Don't worry, it won't be super long, but I do feel it's kind of necessary!



I began this blog about 2 years ago, when I was just finishing my A-Levels, and was heading out into the world without any plans whatsoever. It began with some regular chatty posts, then a couple of hauls, and then it progressed into more of a lifestyle blog. This was because I was travelling a lot doing pantomimes in the Middle East, and I wanted to share my experiences with anyone who wanted to know about them! (My posts Snow White in Dubai and Cinderella in Egypt are prime examples of this!)

It wasn't until work abroad finally took off when I realised that I still had this blog to share my experiences, and for me to remember them in every detail so that, when reading back, it was like reading precious memories from long ago. Because I was travelling so much, I completely forgot about my blog, and didn't have the time to maintain it, as I didn't have many followers, and none of my family and friends knew I had one in the first place; it didn't really matter at the time. Plus, I didn't really know what I was doing anyway! But since April, work has been a bit slow, and I wanted to do something to keep me busy, and that's when I returned to this blog, gave it a makeover, and started posting more and more! This time, however, I felt like I could really share it with the people most important to me.

You're probably wondering, why did the "lifestyle" blog change into more of a beauty blog? Well, throughout my teen years, I have been obsessed with all things beauty and fashion; starting to wear makeup firstly for dance competitions and shows, then wearing it everyday from age 12 and trying out new things with my hair (including haircuts, styles, and dying it blonder!) It wasn't until I left school at age 18 that I began to start experimenting daily with different makeup, buying clothes that were the newest trends, and adored finding out what the next trend in fashion and beauty was! Magazines were always a go to for me when I was at school, but once I started my blog, I began reading so many that I just knew I wanted to try everything and anything! I only post what I would want to read on other peoples blogs, which includes makeup reviews, fashion favourites, and what ever is exciting that is happening in someones life!

Trying to explain to someone why I write this blog has been a daily struggle currently, as the majority of my friends and family probably think it's super weird and almost a little "show-off"ish and it seems like I'm pretending to be an expert in all things beauty/fashion/life. But that's not true, and that's not why I write this. The main reason why I write this blog is because I love writing. I have always loved writing, and sharing my opinions with the world. English was always my favourite subject throughout my school years (apart from Music and Drama, of course!), and when I left school, I had no way of reaching out to people and talking about the things I was experiencing and what I loved most. And what I love most about this blog is that people have a choice as to whether they want to read it or not! They can read it if they want to, and if they don't, then there's no one making them.

The "Beauty" and "Fashion" posts are myself talking as an amateur. I am in no way a beauty expert, nor do I post like one! I am merely a 20 year old beauty enthusiast, who really loves doing her own makeup and hair, and trying out new products! All of my reviews are from the point of view of a normal, everyday person. Plus, the "lifestyle" posts are also coming from a young woman who is still going through new experiences everyday! I'm not an expert of anything! Just knowing who I am, and what I enjoy. And I enjoy writing this blog!

Writing this blog gives me the chance to talk about what I enjoy, where I go, my favourite things, and give positive, happy thoughts! And if someone who reads it can get at least a little positivity out of it, then I will be forever happy! Even though I don't have much to offer, people can still come and read about something they can relate to. There is something for everyone here, and I only hope that it can give a little joy to any reader.

I hope this clears up a few things, I know this was actually quite a long post, so apologies! But I feel a lot better now! Haha!

Hope you guys liked this post! And I hope you have a wonderful day filled with magic and sparkles!



Fawce xoxo.


No comments:

Post a Comment