Saturday 16 May 2015

Review: Tresemme Make Waves Creation Hairspray

Hellooooo!



So, recently I had run out of my usual hairspray, and needed to get a new one. Anyone who knows me knows that my usual hairstyle (loose, curly waves) consists of lots of hairspray to keep it together, as my hair is incredibly long and thick; my curls drop out after an hour.

What caught my eye about this new, particular hairspray was the fact it was called "Make Waves", as it seemed perfect for my regular hairdo. The bottle seemed a good size for it's price, and it was on offer, so I decided to give it a shot.







I tested it on a day when I was going to be travelling on a 2 hour train ride, walking through treacherous rain, and then going on a night out to celebrate a friends 21st birthday. When I first sprayed it on to my hair, it did leave it with a crispy texture, but didn't make it look dry as other hairsprays usually do on my hair. The curls held throughout the train ride with no problems, however when the rain began to pour, and I was left without a hood or umbrella, the rain did start to make the top layer of my hair drop out. The bottom layer, however, held on tight, which, I'm not going to lie, was impressive.

Unfortunately, I'd give this hairspray's weather resistance a 5 out of 10. But, I'll give it another try on another rainy day.

Later on in the evening, I did end up recurling my hair, and spraying it again with the hairspray. Thankfully, the rain stopped, so I didn't have to worry too much about whether my hair was going to hold on the way to the venue. Amazingly, my waves held until the very end of the night! 6 hours, to be exact, and it didn't frizz or look dry in the heat of the club, and when a lot of alcohol was consumed, it still looked perfectly neat and tidy. (Well, of sorts...)

Hair before the event. (Taken on a selfie stick...hence the button in my hand lol)

Hair at the end of the night!


Strength and consistency wise, I would give this hairspray an 8 out of 10.

Overall, this hairspray is definitely ideal for keeping your waves intact, but I do believe it is suited mainly for the summer months, and not so much for the winter weather. But, at the end of the day, it did what it said on the bottle! Really recommend!

(You can purchase this hairspray on offer at Superdrug.com for £3.99!)

xoxo.

2 comments:

  1. Whenever I curl my hair it always drops out so fast so this looks like it could inspire me to curl my hair again :)
    Thanks for the review!

    The Everyday Life of Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Literally, same here! My hair is so friggin' heavy that curls never hold! But I truly am loving this hairspray! Glad you like the review! :) <3

      Delete