Tuesday 12 May 2015

Spring Cleaning!

Hey guys! Hope you're all having a lovely day!

So, in the Fawcett household this week, we have been going full out with our Spring Cleaning! And when I say "full out", I mean getting rid of pretty much EVERYTHING!





As all of us are currently in between jobs, my mum, dad and I have been taking sections of the house to work on daily, and getting rid of all the crap we no longer need. It began in the living room, sorting through old DVD's and CD's we don't watch/listen to, and then sending them all to Music Magpie. Up next was recycling. So many old certificates, scripts, schoolwork and more was clogging up our shelves, so my mother, being the superwoman that she is, sorted through it all, keeping a mere pile of maybe 20 sheets of important documents, and recycling the rest!

A lovely, organised bookshelf!

Our CD shelf looking spit spot!

After a week of clearing out, cleaning up and putting everything in it's rightful place, our living room looked spotless! And we continued our cleaning spirit through the rest of the house! Including my parents bedroom, which probably hasn't had a proper clearout in, like, 10 years!

Our spring cleaning has benefited our house, our lifestyle and our attitude. It's funny what getting rid of old clutter can do. Trips to the rubbish tip, trying out the system "Cash 4 Clothes" (which is a really great system, by the way! If you have one near you, I'd definitely recommend it!) and selling lots of goodies on eBay, we're able to move through our lovely, tidy house without so much as a stubbed toe! Also, my family and I definitely hoard too much stuff, be for its sentimental value, or "just in case we need it". But that habit has most likely been broken, and we're hoping it'll stay broken throughout the next year, which will be when we have our next clear out.

This time last year, I was able to completely redecorate my room, as well as begin a new, healthy lifestyle! It seems that May is the month to clean up our lives, literally! And I really recommend going through your wardrobe, looking under your bed and getting rid of all the old clutter that's clogging up your life! (That includes people too, you know, just in case they're super horrible and negative - CHUCK EM OUT! You don't need that negativity in your life!) You'll feel so much better! I know my family and I do!

Probably the tidiest part of my room!

Less clothes, more room! Funnily enough, this is AFTER I cleared out my wardrobe!

Thanks for reading guys, and happy spring cleaning!

Fawce xoxo.


1 comment:

  1. It always feels soo good after everything is organised and clean! i try to deep clean my closet and makeup stuff at least once every 3 months actually and i tend to throw out way too much stuff so i'm sometimes like omg why did i threw that away cuz now i really need that .. :D

    ReplyDelete