Sunday 24 May 2015

Sunny Sunday!

Hey guys!

(My own image)


So, I figured that I should do some kind of, like, "annual" thing on my blog. And as I am a big lover of Sprinkle of Glitter's "Motivational Mondays", I thought that I would do something similar every week, but on a Sunday!

But rather than just post some motivational quotes, or inspirational sayings and what not, I figured that I would do a thing where I list 5 or more things that were positive and good that happened through the week. (Very much inspired by another thing Sprinkle of Glitter did last summer on her Facebook!)


I mainly wanted to do this because this week, I realised just how negative some people can be. I even tweeted in response to something a fellow blogger/YouTuber tweeted, adding my own spin to it. You can see that tweet here! As I really didn't agree with it. I've had a lot of negativity thrown at me in the last couple of weeks, so I want to spread some positivity on here! Because, who knows? It might make your Sunday at least a little bit sunny. And it's a nice, uplifting way to stay positive!

So, without further ado, here are my 5 positive things that happened this week!

1. I finally bought one of those choker necklaces from New Look on Monday, with a black velvety band and a small diamante heart at the centre. I love how these necklaces look at the moment, but I wasn't sure if I would be able to pull it off for ages. But I decided to bite the bullet and buy one, and when I wore it to a meeting on Thursday, everyone who saw me complimented my necklace and how lovely it looked on me. And it really made me smile! Just goes to show, if you want to try a new trend, but you're not sure if it will suit you or not, just go for it, cause you'll never know unless you just do it! :)



2. My meeting on Thursday was with my agent to go through some monologues for my acting showreel that I will (hopefully!) film soon. Not only was it lovely to spend some time with her, but she gave me a proper grilling with my monologues: picking them to pieces like a strict, scary director. It was exactly what I needed, as I wasn't able to go to any of the big Drama colleges when I left Sixth Form (as I couldn't afford it...), and I haven't had any acting classes for almost 3 years, so it felt amazing to get back into the process of a monologue and learning the journey of a character. Plus, it rekindled my love of straight acting. Now I can't wait to film my showreel!

3. When meeting with my agent, another client of hers (who is currently getting every audition she goes for!) popped by for a chat. Not only was she another client, but she is also one of my bestest friends, Natalie, who I rarely get to see anymore as she lives in Eastbourne, which is quite a trek for me on the train. It was a lovely surprise to see her, and we had a jolly good catch up which was very much needed! So much love for that girl. You can currently see Natalie on the new McDonald's ad right here! (She's the pretty blonde princess/fairy/beautiful person).

4. Whilst continuing her spring cleaning spree, my mum was cleaning out behind her wardrobe, and found one of my old toys collecting dust. The toy itself was a big Pongo the Dog toy that I have literally had since I was 1 (as 101 Dalmatians was my favourite film when I was really little!). He's so old, he's even got a weak neck! We both got really choked up when she showed me, and now he's been washed and smells all lovely, he can continue to live his days in my room with all my other Disney plushies (and there are a lot...may have to do a blog post on them soon!). I love him very much, and it made me a little emotional to see the look on my mums face when she realised just how old he is...and how old I am!



5. Again, whilst spring cleaning, my parents came across some old postcards that were given to my nan by a family friend before she passed away. Some of these postcards dated back to the early 1900's, and my parents and I had a whale of a time looking through them all and seeing where my nan's friend and her family travelled all those years ago! We even found an old photo album, filled with old Victorian pictures of people we don't even know! But it was so interesting to see so many unfamiliar faces, guessing who was who, and it gave my mum, who knew my nan's friend very well, a chance to reminisce about old times.  It was a lovely evening shared by all! :)

BONUS:

6. This weekend was the start of Disneyland California's 60th Anniversary, and I spent all of last night watching the new parades and shows for the celebration. It made me so happy and emotional; I even cried when watching the World of Color Celebrate show. It's amazing to think that one man created this huge phenomenon, that millions of people just like me have grown up with and is such a huge part of our lives. If you live near Disneyland, go and see the new shows! If not, spend 20 minutes watching this video and experience a hell of a lot of Disney magic! (And Neil Patrick Harris is in it too! Amazing!)

There we go! 6 positive things that happened this week! Hope you guys liked this post, do let me know if you think this is a good idea! And tell me in the comments a positive thing that happened to you this week! :)

Fawce xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment