Wednesday 11 May 2016

May 8th Decision: 2 YEARS ON!

Well, hello readers! Today I thought I should do an update post regarding a certain decision I made on the 8th of May 2014. Now, two years later, I feel I should document how I'm doing.

If you have absolutely no clue what I'm talking about, then do not worry! As I posted an explanation on my blog a year ago which you can read here!

But! For those of you who have been following my blog for a while now, first of all, bless you all for hanging around as I know I'm the worst blogger in the world! And secondly, you guys will know all about my journey into becoming a better me! So, let's get started!




Ok, so let's start with the figures. A year ago, I stated that I was a comfortable UK Size 8/10, and that I was one stone lighter. Well, I'm still a size 8/10, so my journey has been consistent so far. However, I'm going to be really brave here and tell you guys the truth. Before I started my fitness journey, I weighed myself on the 28th February 2014, whilst I was in Cairo doing a show. That exact moment was where the journey properly started, but I wasn't aware of it at the time.

Playing Snow White in Cairo! (This was actually taken on the day I weighed myself!)
I had never weighed myself before...at all! I didn't believe that my weight determined who I was and what I was worth, and I still don't! It wasn't how I was raised! However, I am definitely one to compare myself to others. During this show, I was surrounded by these 7 gorgeously slim dancers, who were all beautiful on the inside and the outside! After every performance, they would still have so much energy and would want to go and swim in the pool at the hotel, but I couldn't ever bring myself join them. Mainly because my stamina was horrendous so I would take a nap after every show. Plus, I didn't want to get into a bikini knowing just how much I weighed compared to the other girls.

When talking to one of them, I expressed how I had made use of the scales in my hotel room, and that I was a little insecure about it. Granted, the girl I chose to speak to about it is naturally a very petite 7 stone girl, so that wasn't smart on my end. But she was lovely and tried to reassure me that I needn't change a thing. (To this day, this girl is still one of my best friends!) But something inside of me made me want to change the numbers on the scale below my feet. I mean, as a performer, you need to be top notch on not only your craft, but how you present yourself! To be honest, it's mainly about how you look. And at that particular moment, I didn't like how I looked.

On the 28th of February 2014, I weighed just over 65kg.

A few months later (May 8th) is where I decided to take the journey a little step further. The reason I wanted to tell you guys about that first weigh-in is because for me, that was the moment that I was at my lowest. Before then, I didn't care about how I looked or what I ate, because I wanted to live a carefree life! But when I became lethargic, and lazy and constantly aware of how much bigger I was at 19 compared to how little I was at 16, that moment on the scales was my breaking point.

It was however a blessing in disguise, as today, I am a much healthier, happier person than I was back then. I made the change for me, which is all that matters.

A year ago, I decided to weigh myself again. On the 29th of March 2015, a little bit before I posted my first yearly update, I weighed 61.5kg. This was an incredible moment for me. I hadn't yet seen the change physically in the mirror, so to see a different number below my feet was an amazing feeling.

Over the past year, I have continued doing what I'm doing. I go to my local gym (which is now PureGym!) when I can, but when I sometimes want to just spend my day at home, I try to do some "at home" workouts. However, I've been a little bit naughty recently and haven't been working out as much as I'd like to, as now that my gym has changed, I'm not a fan of the "PureGym" layout and system. (If any of you guys go to a PureGym, do comment down below and let me know what you think of it!).

My eating habits have changed tremendously! I always make sure to have some cereal and almond milk for breakfast, but if I'm not particularly hungry I go for the fresh fruit option. And the only drink I drink is water. (With an occasional glass of Coke with ice for special occasions...or when it's a nice sunny day!).

My main aim is to purely eat when I am hungry. and not when I'm bored...and believe me, it's been difficult, as I get bored very easily! But I do treat myself to the occasional doughnut or large chocolate bar when it's needed.

The best thing about this whole experience has been the reaction from those around me. Everyone has been so supportive, and I couldn't have asked for more!

On the 16th of January 2016, I was weighed again when I went for a checkup with my doctor. I now weigh 57kg.

The journey continues, and all I'm focused on now is maintaining my goal! In two years, I have dropped two stone. Which is insane! I never thought that I could actually achieve something like this! Also, when I started my journey, the one body part I was most insecure about was my 39/40 inch hips. My mum measured me yesterday for a costume, and we have discovered that my hips are now 36 inches! Now that almost knocked me to the floor!

I'm happy. I'm healthy. But my journey continues. Who knows what the next year will bring? But all I know is that I've never been more proud of myself.

Before and after! August 2013 - November 2015
Me, in April 2016. (Taken at a costume fitting for Carousel!)
Abs are on their way!
(Photo's taken after a workout at the gym...hence why I'm hiding my face with a hat!)


Fawce xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment