Saturday 21 May 2016

May Favourites!

Hey guys! I have returned today to do probably one of my favourite posts I do on this blog: a favourites post! They're definitely my favourite to read, and I love looking back on the last month and seeing which products I loved the most! So, let's start!




MAKE-UP:

Amazingly, I only have one lip favourite this month! Usually, I have about 6! Haha! But this last week, I've been obsessed with a new release from MAC, and that is the Caitlyn Jenner lipstick "Finally Free".




It's a cremesheen formula, and the most lovely rosy pink that I own! I love the consistency, the texture's smooth and sits really well on my lips and the colour is just beautiful! I feel that this shade will suit all skin tones as well. (You can find this lipstick on the MAC Website here!)

Another favourite of mine this month has been a set of brushes that are just so beautiful, and so mermaid-esque, that everytime I use them I feel like a mythical creature...too weird?

They are the Spectrum Siren Smoke Brushes!


The iridescent rainbow colour with the contrast of the black just looks SO AMAZING! And the quality of these brushes are phenomenal, they're so easy to use and there's a really nice variety of brushes included in the set that creating different eye looks has become easier since purchasing them. OBSESSED.

(You can find these brushes on the Spectrum website here!)

Now, if you've been following my blog for a while now, you will know that I have a little obsession with blue nail polish, specifically periwinkle shades. I don't know why I love it so much, as a girl who grew up preferring pink over blue, you'd think I'd prefer pink nail polish! But there's just something about a periwinkle shade that makes my heart skip a beat. So, yes, I've bought another one. And I'm so NOT sorry about it.

This month, I've been obsessed with the Barry M Coconut Infusion Nail Polish in Laguna.


There isn't much I can say about this nail polish other than it's BEAUTIFUL! The brush and consistency is very similar to the Barry M Speedy Quick Dry nail polishes, but the finish looks like their Gelly Hi Shine range! Not only is it healthy for your nails, but all of the colours in this collection are stunning, and it's taking everything within me not to go and buy all of them.

NETFLIX:

I have a new Netflix favourite this month! I know, it's shocking that I'm watching something other than PLL and OITNB. But for the past couple of months, my friends have been trying to get me to watch a certain series that is apparently "so me". And that series is Gossip Girl.

I decided to bite the bullet and watch the pilot, and let's just say that I haven't watched anything else since. It's fantastic! A bunch of rich teenagers living on the upper east side of New York, living their socialite lifestyles is basically my dream in a TV Show. And the DRAMA! Now, it's not as shock-inducing as PLL, but it's a different kind of show, the drama is more catty, all of the characters are quite diverse for all living in the same environment, and as much as I'd like to say I'm a Blair Waldorf...I'm definitely a Serena van der Woodsen. If you're into teen drama's and you haven't watched Gossip Girl, give it a go! It's fab!

MUSIC:

Currently, I'm listening to Ariana Grande's new album "Dangerous Woman", which is brilliant! I'm a huge Ariana fan. However, as it was only released a couple of days ago, I feel it unjust to put it in my May Favourties...so I'll leave it until June! But, there's another singer who I've been obsessed with this month, and this person is Selena Gomez! I'm loving her new sound, and in particular, I've been obsessed with a certain song of hers all month!

And that is Hands To Myself.



This song is SO GOOD. The beat is catchy, the quality of her tone is smooth and sensual, and I've been listening to it on repeat. When this song comes on, I will dance. Regardless of where I am.

RANDOM:

I have a few random favourites this month, first of all, I have FINALLY got a new phone! Yes! My upgrade date finally arrived, and I have now upgraded from an iPhone 5C to an iPhone 6S! A rose gold one, to be exact!



It's so nice to have a phone that actually responds and doesn't freeze every 5 minutes. I decided on the 6S as I have tiny hands, so the 6+ would've been too much to deal with, and I upgraded my storage to 64GB as well, so I can store a lot more on it! I also bought some gorgeous phone cases from SkinnyDip London that I will constantly be swapping throughout the next year. At the moment, I am using the Beetle case as I'm still getting used to the size of the phone, but once that one gets boring, I'll be swapping it to the Iridescent Seashell Case with glitter inside it! I just want everything to be mermaid related, that's another obsession on its own.



Another random favourite this month involves a certain long-haired princess! As you guys might know, I've started my own party princess company (which you can read about here!) and it's really taken off! And finally, someone has requested my favourite Disney Princess for a party next week, meaning that a new dress was to be bought. And I can't quite believe how gorgeous is it. It's the Rapunzel Costume (P128) from Angel Secret!


LOOK HOW AMAZING THIS DRESS IS! It's so wonderfully detailed, it fits perfectly and, although extremely expensive, it came within two weeks of ordering it, which was a miracle to be quite honest! Because she's my favourite princess, I wanted to really splurge on a fantastic costume for her, and that's exactly what this is! And now that my wig has arrived, I can't wait to take some pictures!

For my final favourite this month, I have something quite sentimental. In April, I got to play a dream role of mine: Carrie Pipperidge in Carousel. I won't go into much detail about the show, because I'm planning a massive post about it in the future. But, one thing I did want to share was this amazing illustration that my friend Ellie drew.

In the show, I had probably one of my favourite costumes to date that made me feel like I was in an episode of Mr Selfridge. It was this gorgeous, long peach dress with a train and lace detail, with poofy sleeves and a massive hat to match! Unfortunately, the only full length picture I got in this dress was taken quickly in the dressing room during the dress rehearsal. But, my gorgeous friend Ellie who played Julie Jordan (the lead!) in the show knew how much I adored the dress. And because she's an amazing artist, she decided to give me the present of a full length picture...in animated form!



I was overwhelmed when she sent it to me. What a precious, wonderful gift to give, and now it sits in a frame in my room. I couldn't quite believe it! I love it, and I hope all of you love it as much as I do!

And that's it for this month! Do leave a comment below what you've been loving this May! And I shall see you in my next post!

Fawce xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment