Saturday 5 September 2015

10 Reasons Why I'm Excited For Autumn

Hey guys!

So,  September is here, the temperature has dropped immensely, and the leaves are turning brown, and I personally couldn't be more excited!

Of course, Spring and Summer are absolutely beautiful, and nobody can fault the lovely sunshine, the warm weather and the opportunity to actually give a pale complexion a touch of a tan! But to me, the Autumn and Winter months are my absolute favourite, and today, I'm going to tell you exactly why!

Here we go! My 10 reasons why I'm excited for Autumn!

(source)


1. Sweater Weather.
Now, I have a confession: I own waaaaay too many jumpers! And during the summer months, it makes me sad seeing them remain in my wardrobe collecting dust. I love to layer clothes, for example, a shirt under a jumper, with jeans and some boots, with a scarf and a big coat is my go-to look for Autumn. Literally, if you saw me out and about, that would be exactly what I would be wearing. I just love to layer, and the temperature dropping means that I can finally whack out all of my jumpers! YAY!

A really old selfie, but look! A shirt under a collar! 

2. Darker Afternoons.
There is something about it getting dark at about 4pm that just makes me feel all tingly. I think it's because, growing up, I would always leave school when it was light outside, but then by the time I'd get home, it would be pitch black! I used to think it was so crazy that it could get so dark so quickly. But during summer, you never even notice it. I also have an amazing memory of my sister and I going Christmas shopping, and we walked out of the shopping centre at about 4:30pm, it was dark, freezing cold, and it began to snow! And we just both looked at each other, and got so excited. I'm also going to throw this point in here, and say shopping when it's dark outside, but you've still got plenty of hours to shop is one of my all time favourite things.

3. An extra hour in bed.
This one is pretty self-explanatory. Because of the longer evenings, of course, the clocks go back! And you all know what that means, MORE SLEEP! And due to the cold weather, it means more snuggling in your duvet. It's glorious.

4. Rainy Days.
I'm one of those people who just loves the rain. In the UK, it rains pretty much everyday, even in Summer! But during the autumn season, we are far more accepting of it, as we feel prepared for it. Also, because I travel to the Middle East a lot during the rainy season, I'm far more appreciative of the fabulous rain showers. I get great enjoyment from walking in the rain, in a big coat and umbrella, then coming home, changing my clothes, and snuggling on the sofa. Go try it, it's fun.



5. Dressing Gown Snuggles.
For my birthday last year, my mum bought me the most snuggliest, most fluffiest dressing gown you have ever seen or felt in your entire life. It was from Topshop, so it was quite expensive, but I had never owned a dressing gown before, so I begged her for it, and told her that it was the only thing I wanted for my birthday. And, I'll tell you what, I'm wearing it RIGHT NOW. The satisfaction of putting on this dressing gown is unlike any other, the same feeling occurs when you put on a snuggly onesie! I'm cosy as a bug in a rug. Literally, if you were with me right now, I would give you the biggest hug so you can feel how amazing this dressing gown is!



6. HALLOWEEN!
As much as I hate the horror genre (I'm a huge wuss!), Halloween is one of my favourite holidays! Trick or treating, dressing up in a costume, having fun with your friends; it's just a silly, crazy event that you can really sink your teeth into! And if you love getting scared, then it's the perfect time of the year! Last year, I actually worked as a scare actor in one of the top scare attractions in the UK, and I had the most amazing time! I had to be a victim being sawed in half, a victim being stabbed in the shower, honk a horn that made people jump as they walked into the maze, be a dead girl in a meat hatch, and appear as a dead worker in a factory mirror! It was incredible! This year, I will be attending a friends halloween party, so I will probably post about my costume and make up when the time comes!


At PORKY'S FEAR FACTORY! Kate (right) and I with our little pal Bethany, who joined us some nights in the meat hatch!
7. Redecorating your room.
If you're like me, during Spring and Summer, your bedroom probably looked very floral, very pastel and very summery! However, at this time of year, it just doesn't feel right having summery colours surrounding your room! My main change in my room is probably my bed! I have duvet covers that are a gorgeous blue, red and white patchwork style, with red hearts all over it, that I bought from BHS during Christmas time last year, and paired with some Christmassy pillows, some festive candles, and fairy lights, then you feel right again. I can't wait to redecorate!

My bedding once I redecorated!
8. New Make-Up Looks.
Just like my love for jumpers, I also have a bit of an obsession with dark lipstick! And during Summertime, I feel like dark lips just feel wrong! So, when the evenings get darker, the autumnal colours come out like greens, and browns, and maroons, darker lipsticks such as reds and berry shades are finally accepted! My ultimate favourite is the Kate Moss 107 lipstick, as it is my go-to lipstick for when I play Snow White! Plus, with a pale complexion like mine, darker lips look so much better than pale shades. SO EXCITED!

Another really old selfie, from my 19th Birthday, with my new coat, and red lips! ;)


9. My Birthday.
This one is purely personal, as my birthday happens on November the 8th! Smack bang in between Halloween and Christmas! And this year, I will be turning 21! I'm planning a little celebration where I've asked my guests to dress as their favourite childhood character, and I myself will be going as Tinkerbell! I'm so excited to get all my friends together and celebrate with the people I love the most! But I've still got a lot of planning to do, but I'm sure I will post it all on here when the time comes!

10. The Festive Season.
Again, this one is purely self-explanatory. And I'm sure you will all agree with me! Without a doubt, Christmas is my favourite time of the year! It's the time when all the family gets together, everyone is just happy and cheerful, the festive candles are lit, fairy lights are everywhere, we all go Christmas shopping, the decorations are up, and we can all snuggle whilst drinking our hot Starbucks coffees whilst listening to Michael Buble's Christmas Album and just HAVE FUN! I don't know anyone who hates the festive season, and if you do, that's OK, I'm sure you have your reasons. But to me, it really is the most wonderful time of the year. And I can't wait to be surrounded by all of the festive cheer in just a few months!

Dancing in the snow as The Snow Fairy at Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, during Christmas last year! So festive!
And that's it! For now, I'm sure I could come up with a million other reasons as to why I love this time of year! But I will leave it here for now. I hope you guys liked this post, do comment down below what your favourite part of this season is! And I will see you guys in my next post!

Fawce xoxo.

4 comments:

  1. My girlfriend and I are really looking forward to the Autumn and winter months it's around this time 4 years we met for the first time so it's really special to us, jumping in a huge pile of leaves in the park, darker evenings when all you want to do is come home, snuggle up with a hot drink in your pajamas and feel really good about everything :) I can't wait to go shopping in the next few weeks for jumpers, coats and snuggly clothes all kitted out for the up coming months. Bye for now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that's wonderful! I'm so happy for you both! I hope you both have a wonderful season together! And have fun shopping! :) x

      Delete
  2. I'm constantly wearing my dressing gown when It gets colder haha, it's one of my favourite things to snuggle up in it and keep cosy and warm. I actually like rain too, I'm never really fussed if it rains, It's really refreshing! x http://coffeeatmidnight13.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Literally, I love it so much! Haha! The second I get out of bed in the morning, I put it on! :) I'm glad you agree, my friends all hate the rain! I think it's lovely! :) x

      Delete