Sunday 29 November 2015

Sunset Boulevard

Hello all!

This week has been completely hectic, but for a good reason: it was show week.

If you guys used to read my Sunny Sunday posts back in June, you will know that my mum and I had auditioned to be a part in a production of Andrew Lloyd Webber's sensational musical SUNSET BOULEVARD! With my mother portraying the eccentric and fabulous film star of yester-year, Norma Desmond, and myself playing the small, but fun part of Mary: the wannabe starlet.




I'm not going to lie to you, it really hasn't been easy at times.  Any performer will tell you that rehearsing a show like this; with it's heavy themes, complicated musical score and, for my mum, 12 costume changes, it's enough to make anyone go crazy. No wonder Norma Desmond did! (Spoiler...)

But overall, it was phenomenal! We had such an incredibly talented cast and crew on board, who all put in 110%. Comments from audience members were overwhelming, telling us how mesmerised they were, and how stunning the leading lady was. I was a very proud daughter indeed!

My amazingly talented mummy! Who needs Glenn Close?!
Some of the comments that we received:

"This evening I was lucky enough to enjoy a West End show without having to get on a train and walk acorss London. A great cast, orchestra and technical crew made TWODS' Sunset Boulevard an exceptional production. Most memorable for me though was the predictable and most incredibly moving performance by Lorraine F. She had the audience spellbound." - John H. (Facebook).

"Why do they make all that fuss about getting Glenn Close coming to the West End when we've got someone just as good in Tunbridge Wells?...You have drained me of all emotion Lorraine, you were incredible...a fantastic production!" - Caroline C. (Facebook).

"My parents went to see it with a large group of friends to see the show and they were blown away! They said you were truly outstanding and have not stopped talking about your performance. Mum, who had gone to have a cosy sleep in a dark warm theatre, was most upset as she did not shut her eyes once and was totally mesmerised! Well done!" - Claire S. (Facebook).

"Well done to all at TWODS for a fantastic performance of Sunset Boulevard! A group from Wadhurst Dramatic Club came along to watch it, and we all thought it was brilliant - amazing voices, production, costumes, scenery, choreography. Fabulous!" - Wadhurst Dramatic Club (Facebook).

"Well done @TWODSLtd to an amazing show @lefawcett you was sensational, it was like watching a professional tour. Musical theatre at its best." - @Lucylucybarber (Twitter).

"Have to say, @TWODSLtd #SunsetBoulevard is a dark and beautiful gem. Terrific leads and a real sense of 50s Hollywood. Playing until Saturday" - @SDElsden (Twitter).

"And now, Mr DeMille, I am ready for my close up..."

At Paramount Studios!
Unfortunately, I have no video footage of the show, due to copyright reasons. But, luckily, we had a wonderful photographer on board who managed to capture some fantastic moments in the show, and I must say, they've been a pleasure to scroll through! As my mother was the star of the show, we needed a large photo of her as a young film star to go up in her living room set. And even though my mother looks extremely like the original Norma Desmond, Gloria Swanson, the director decided to use me as the "young Norma Desmond", meaning that I was needed for a special photoshoot! I got all dolled up in a 1920's flapper dress, put on some extreme makeup, and voila! Although, no one told me exactly how large the photo was going to be...which cued a lot of giggles from family members in the audience when my giant head appeared on stage!

I know some people think I have a big head, but this is just ridiculous! Haha!

The post show blues have kicked in, and we are very sad in my family's household today, but, next week we start rehearsals for Cinderella! Which we will be performing at the Emirates Palace in Abu Dhabi, and then at the DUCTAC Centerpoint Theatre in the Mall Of The Emirates in Dubai! Very exciting times! But for now, I will leave you with some amazing photographs of Sunset Boulevard!

"Don't forget me when you're casting!"

Let's have lunch!

Every movies a circus!

Cheers! 
(All photographs are courtesy of Paul Meyer!)

Fawce xoxo.

1 comment: