Sunday 1 November 2015

Halloween Costume: Broken Porcelain Doll

Hey guys!

So, this weekend was HALLOWEEN! One of my favourite holidays of the year, and for the first time in years, I attended a Halloween party! When I say "years", I do literally mean YEARS. Seven, to be exact. However, my lack of spooky celebrations over the years didn't stop me from putting together an epic costume. I'm in the theatre; costumes are my thing.

This year, the theme was "SCARY". Now, to be fair, I am scared of a lot of things. Growing up, spiders, ghosts, zombies, anything to do with the horror genre would scare the living daylights out of me. But after working in a halloween maze last year, my fear of anything spooky has subdued a little. But only a little.

Back in my primary school days, my friends used to tell ghost stories in the playground around Halloween, all of which are either ridiculous or far too scary for any 9 year old to listen to. However, there was one story that to this day still creeps me out, and was in fact the inspiration of my costume this year.

A story of a broken china doll.




I can't remember the exact story that was told, but to be honest, porcelain dolls are probably the creepiest things on this planet. When I would go to sleepovers, I couldn't sleep in a room that had one on the shelf. And that was before I was told the scary story! So, for this Halloween, I went as a BROKEN PORCELAIN DOLL! And rather than explain to you how I did this look (because there are a lot of people who would be much better at it than me!) I thought I would just let you know which products I used etc. Here we go!


FACE
Primer: Rimmel London's Fix & Perfect Pro in 002
Foundation: Rimmel London's Match Perfection in Light Porcelain
Concealer: Maybelline's The Eraser Eye in Light
Powder: Rimmel London's Stay Matte in Translucent
Blush: Flormar Terracotta Blush-On in No.45
Bronzer: The Body Shop Honey Bronzer in 01
Highlight: MAC's Cinderella Beauty Powder in Mystery Princess
Freckles: Rimmel London's Lasting Finish Lip Liner in Cappuccino
Cracks: Snazaroo Face Paint in Black & L'oreal Paris' Super Liner in Black
Lips: Maybelline's Velvet Drama Lip Pencil in Red Essentials

EYES
Eye Shadow: Urban Decay's Naked Palette (Naked & Smog)
Liner: Collection's Extreme 24 Hour Felt Tip Liner
Mascara: Max Factor False Lash Effect & Maybelline's Lash Sensational
Waterline: Maybelline Line Refine Eye Pencil in White
Lower eyes: Snazaroo Face Paint in White
Bottom Lashes: L'oreal Paris' Super Liner in Black
False Lashes: Eyelure Volume Lashes in No.101
Eyebrows: Victoria Secret Eye Pencil in Black



COSTUME
Dress: TopShop
Socks: eBay
Shoes: New Look
Headband: Claire's Accessories

Overall, I'm pretty proud with what I ended up with. I knew my lightest foundation shade would come in handy someday! Do comment down below what you guys were for Halloween, and I will see you guys next week! 

Fawce xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment