Saturday 1 October 2016

Broken?

These last couple of weeks have not been the kindest. Now, I know what you're thinking: here she goes. Another really depressing blog post about how dull and boring Fawce's life is. Well, you would be correct.

However, today isn't going to be all bad news.

Rooftop view from our hotel in Bahrain!
You can find this on my Instagram here!


Two weeks ago today I returned from another fantastic trip abroad. We'd returned to Bahrain for 10 days to put on a fantastic production of Peter Pan! And boy, was it fun! We had a fantastic cast, a magical show, and we were in 35 degree heat everyday! You can't beat that!


We did a lot of incredible things on this trip!  We met the British Ambassador of Bahrain, visited a children's hospital, and we even had McDonald's as a sponsor, meaning a lot of free Maccy D's! (Which maybe wasn't the best idea...). The audience loved us, and we got an incredible review in the Gulf Daily Newspaper, where I actually got a special mention for my song! (I was Tigerlily, by the way!)
Meeting the British Ambassador!

Cheeky McDonald's after a PR!


Visiting poorly children in hospital!

Our wonderful review!

Unfortunately, things took a turn for the worst when our client (who shall remain nameless because, lets be honest, he doesn't even deserve a name) failed to pay us. Now, all performers enjoy performing, that goes without saying. But when it's your livelihood, when it's how you pay the bills, you try your hardest not to do it for free. Especially a production of this scale! Still, we got halfway through the run when our producer told us the horrid news that we were not getting paid when we were first expecting to. And it was all because of this arrogant man who may be the worst business man in HISTORY.

As some of you are aware, my parents are involved with these shows as well as me, so when all three of us returned from Bahrain with empty pockets, you can guess what kind of stress we've been under. Still, in the past 10 years of this company doing shows abroad, no one has ever NOT been paid. Which is something I've had to stress to every member of the company when things have been tough. Even with delays, every single member of the company has always been paid the amount they're due. Yes, it may take a while for this man to cough up the money, but at the end of the day, either he pays us, or he gets into trouble. This entire dilemma has caused a lot of tiffs between cast members; some of which have been friends of ours for years, and it sucks that they're starting to drift due to this disgusting man.

So, due to the fact I'm broke, I've had to spend these last couple of weeks selling things on eBay, and really pushing my Princess Party business. Thankfully, I've sold a lot of things, and have a few parties in the next couple of weeks. What sucks is that I was going to purchase a new Ariel costume with the money I was getting from Bahrain for a party this week (as the Ariel costume I currently have doesn't actually fit me!) But now I have to wait even longer to get my hands on it. But, let's be honest, that's the least of my problems!

The reason I'm writing this now is that this evening, I was meant to be going out with my bestie, which was the only thing I had planned this week (since I did an event as Elsa last weekend meaning I had a bit of cash to spare, so why not go for a few drinks?) I was so excited to finally just let my hair down, dance my cares away, and not worry about all the stress that has been getting me down. Unfortunately, she cancelled on me due to illness.

Of course I'm not angry with her, you can't help being ill! I mean, I spent the beginning of this week tucked up in bed with the most horrendous nausea I've ever had. I'm just a little disappointed, as like I said, it was a chance for me to get away from this house that I've been confined in the last two weeks.

I know what you're thinking: why stay in the house? Why not go for a walk? Or meet up with friends?

Due to the stress, I've not only been depressed mentally, but it's taken such a physical toll on me also. Getting out of bed has been the hardest thing I've had to do these past two weeks. Today was the first time I've woken up ready to start the day (until I received the message saying my plans have been cancelled...) I've taken walks, I've left the house. But all for a total of maybe two hours.

I want to keep myself busy. The amount of times I've tidied my bedroom in the last two weeks is ridiculous! I've binged watched American Horror Story: Freak Show, RuPaul's Drag Race Seasons 5-7, and every Vlogmas by Zoella. I've planned out all of the things I need to do for these parties in the next two weeks, and listed what supplies I need to get for them.

And in times of struggle, I've slept, eaten and cried.

It's got to the point now where I just feel lost. I can't do the things I had planned to do after this trip due to the fact I have £20 in my account and that's it. It really is true: money DOES make the world go around.

I've also realised how tough I am. And my parents. We're a frickin' strong ass family, and no one can say that we have it easy! (Which I have heard from people before...)

Bills haven't been paid, our accounts are in overdraft, and we've lost friends that have been through hell with us. 2016 has been filled with stress so far, and I can only hope that October, November and December ease up for us. Because as you can see from the amount of blog posts I've done this year...it's been a whirlwind of negativity.

I just have to remember that there is a light at the end of the tunnel, and hopefully I'll get out of my shlump soon.

If you've read this far, BLESS YOUR HEART! You are an awesome person! I know this post was more of a diary entry than anything else, but thanks for reading it anyway.

Now, I'm going to go and see what else I can bingewatch...

See you guys in my next post!


No comments:

Post a Comment