Wednesday 17 July 2013

Fawce's Summer So Far!

Why, Hello gorgeous readers! I'm sorry, it's been a while! But today's post will explain why! It may be long, but boy, it'll be worth it!

So, summer has finally greeted us! And what a summer it's been so far! But of course, no summer could appear unless a final exam occurs! And mine was, believe it or not, actually a lot of fun!

Why? BECAUSE IT WAS A MUSICAL THEATRE EXAM! THAT'S WHY!

Here's the deal, for my final Musical Theatre exam, we were to take a musical and a concept and merge them together! Creating a whole new musical! Our concept for my incredibly talented group (thought of by myself and a friend) was the terrorist attacks of the 9/11, and our chosen musical to combine with it was Ghost The Musical, based on the incredible film starring Patrick Swayze.

You're probably thinking that it was too emotional, and think it was totally insensitive of us to portray such a touchy subject as a musical! Of all things!

But it was absolutely incredible! No word of a lie!

Hopefully, our performance earned us all a distinction! Considering the wonderful feedback we recieved (one of the drama teachers said that she would have paid good money to see our West End standard show!!), I think we'll be alright. But, I'll let you guys know on results day! And because I'm so nice, I'll share some cute snapshots of the performance, set and behind the scenes!


Our very cool set! And cast member, George.

Myself during our opening number, 'More'.



A still from our opening number.
Moving on! Once that exam was over, I came home to discover a letter addressed to me in the post! How strange! I never recieve post!! But, I opened it up, and it informed me that I was chosen as a winner of a competition in the local paper that I had entered over a month ago! The prize? 2 FREE TOP-PRICED TICKETS TO SEE ONCE THE MUSICAL!

Being a Musical Theatre nerd, you can imagine my excitement.

Well, that excitement was very much short lived.



Outside the Phoenix Theatre.

I decided to take my older sister with me, and we felt that we should go up to London early and get something to eat before the show. Many arguments about directions and where to eat later, we finally stopped off at Pizza Hut and had a lovely meal.

After the meal, we picked up the tickets and headed into the theatre. Inside the theatre, 2 very large women sat in the seats in front of us, and began eating their dinners. Their fish dinners. OH! And it was incredibly hot when we went.

The show itself was pretty good, but if you're into big Broadway productions with big dance numbers and incredible sets, then this show isn't for you. It's very much an Epic theatre piece, quite stylised, multiroling actors, folk music played by the actors. Being a drama student, I'm used to that type of theatre. My sister is a dancer who enjoys big, orchestrated musicals like Les Miserables and Wicked. Therefore, she hated it, and we ended up leaving within the interval.

Bit of a shame, really. But oh well. I searched the show on Wikipedia and found out how it ends.

Now, another addition to my summer was the Cancer Research's Race For Life! I started running in the Race For Life last year, and it was so much fun! So I thought I'd take part again this year with my sister and a friend of ours! I won't tell you guys how much money we raised, because we are STILL RAISING MONEY! But I will say that last year, we raised over £200! TAKE THAT, CANCER!



The Team!
"I run the race for Grandad Cyril!"
Even though all of my exams are over now, I still had one more thing to do at the school. And what was that? THE SCHOOL PRODUCTION! This year, it was Fame! And I had the opportunity to play Miss Sherman, the caring but strict English teacher who gets to sing the most bad-ass songs EVER!

I had such a blast doing this performance, and had so much fun with the cast! But I won't bore you with words, have some pictures instead!

Lunch outside in the gorgeous sunshine during an all day rehearsal.
Backstage silliness during the tech run with my favourite girls! (Notice the large bottle of water I'm holding, it got VERY hot!)
The Teachers of Fame! (Ms Bell, Mr Myers, Mr Sheinkoff and Miss Sherman (me!) Taken during the dress rehearsal.
Dinner outside the theatre before the final show! (Rockin' the lunge ;) )
The Gorgeous Principle Girls!
(If any of you know the characters of Fame the Musical, comment below the characters names from Left to Right, and whoever gets it right, I'll follow you!) ;)

Last but not least (I know! I know! You've heard enough out of me already!), I just wanted to talk to you guys about a couple of exciting projects coming up!

As I have now finished school, I will update this blog a lot more often! And most of the posts will be what they usually are now! But, I have just found out that I have got the part of Ado Annie in Oklahoma!! Which is super exciting! So I shall be blogging about that! Also, I have just auditioned for the role of Sandy in Grease! So fingers crossed something good comes of that!

Anyways, thats my summer so far, and I hope that you're all enjoying the beautiful sunshine! (I know I am!)

xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment