Sunday 2 June 2013

Fawce Has a Hangover!

Hello people! This weeks been a little rough (as you can probably tell by the title). But, it's given me the chance to try out new ways of avoiding and dealing with the hangover from HELL! So grab a glass of water, a fluffy pillow, and settle down, cause this ain't gonna be pretty.


So, on Tuesday evening, one of my closest friend's parents were away for the night, therefore, an empty house = PARTY TIME!

It was an alright party, I suppose. I wasn't really enjoying myself for the first couple of hours. Seeing as I went straight from a three hour intense dance rehearsal to the party, where everyone was already hammered; I think you can agree, it is no fun to be the only sober one at a house party. And when I went to get something to drink, all of the alcohol was gone. Just my luck.

By the way, I am 18 years old. And everyone who attended the party were aged 18 and over. No worries.

SO, moving on. A few hours passed, and my friend who was hosting the party got back from buying some more alcohol from the shop up her street. I grabbed her, shook her down, and forced her to give me the cheap bottle of Echo Falls white wine.

Mistake number one.

I grabbed myself a glass, downed it in one. Made myself another glass, downed that also. This continued until the entire bottle of wine was gone.

Mistake number two.

Remember when I said that I was at a 3 hour rehearsal before the party? Well, there was no food at this party. Meaning, I had burned off any food I had eaten during the day. Oops.

One bottle of wine: gone. Yet, because I was still having such a miserable time, I thought I would make myself feel better by having two shots of Vodka, and a glass of Cracker Jacks Apple Sours.

Three strikes: YOU'RE OUT!

Once I was completely satisfied with my drunkness, I was then easily convinced to try out something called a Sheesha, which looked a bit like this:

Basically, I smoked it. One puff of this banana flavoured thing, which made me feel incredibly sick. I'm not a smoker, and it most definitely was not fun or cool. So if any of you try one of these things, especially a banana flavoured one: may God have mercy on your soul.

Even typing this up is making me feel sick. Anyway, so after smoking the sheesha, I began to feel like I was going to vomit. So, with the small amount of common sense I had left, I went and had several glasses of water, and a few crackers. However, about 20  minutes later, I threw up in my best friends garden.

How classy.

I called my dad, went home, threw up once more in my own bathroom, and went straight to bed.

The next morning, I woke up at about 8am. I got up, brushed my teeth and went straight to the painkiller cabinet. I'm sure it's no secret that aspirin is the painkiller to go for, therefore, I had some Tesco Extra Power Pain Reliever. I took two, made myself some dry toast, and went back to bed.

Thanks to my common sense from the night before, headaches were non existant! All that water definitely helped me out! But, unfortunetely, the taste of the sheesha remained in my mouth (even after I brushed my teeth 3 times!) So I continued to feel nauseous as I lay in bed. Also, along with the headaches, sleep was also non existant, so at about 11am, I took a travel sickness tablet (which made me incredibly drowsy!) and had a nap.

At 3:30pm, I awoke feeling incredibly refreshed! As I headed downstairs, I was greeted by a lovely hug from my wonderful mother, and she informed me that she had been searching the internet all afternoon to find the perfect hangover remedies! Which involved: sleep, painkillers, Lucozade Sport and banana's. She handed me a banana, (which I scoffed down as quickly as possible!) a bottle of orange flavoured Lucozade Sport (which hydrates you quickly), some Ibuprofen and sent me straight back to my bedroom.

A couple of hours later, and the only thing I felt was exhaustion. Blimey, do hangovers take a lot out of you!

Therefore, Fawcers, I offer you this advice for when you all either reach your limit or are suffering badly from a hangover:

1. Hydrate yourself as quickly, but as gradually as you can. Alcohol dehydrates you to the maximum, so, whilst you're drinking, have a glass of water in between each alcoholic beverage. You'll rehydrate yourself whilst still being drunk! Or, do what I did and have an energy/sports beverage. Lucozade Sport worked like a charm, and tastes delish!

2. Sleep is vital! Try and get as much sleep as you can. It's such an easy way to get rid of the nausea/headache you may get after a fun night out!

3. Have a banana. I'm not too sure why, but after I had a banana, I instantly felt better. I won't get too technical about it, but hey, banana's are delicious, so why not?

I'm really interested to hear about your hangover remedies! How do you guys control your hangovers from hell? Comment them below! :) Hope you guys enjoyed reading this post! And remember to follow, and comment your blogs below, so that I can follow all of you gorgeous people!

Xoxo

2 comments:

  1. i WISH i had a hangover remedy. the only way that works for me is to get my head down and deal!

    dontcrycowboy

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry can't help you here!

    www.mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete