Sunday 26 May 2013

MUA MADNESS!

So, last week I covered a few classes at a local dance school. And although it wasn't the best experience of my life, I still got paid! Therefore: MAKE-UP HAUL TIME!



With a bunch of cash in my pocket, the whole of Superdrug to explore, and an open mind; I began my adventure into the wilderness of beauty products!


The first thing I came across, was the Palmer's Cocoa Butter Lip Balm!


Now, I absolutely adore the all-over Cocoa Butter body lotion, which makes my skin feel absolutely LUSH! Literally, smooths any marks or scars, smells delicious and makes your skin feel lovely and soft. And when talking to others about the Palmer's Cocoa Butter collection of products, I found out just how popular the brand was. So, imagine my excitement when a friend told me that they made lip balm also! And to be quite honest, it didn't disappoint. For the same reasons I loved the body lotion, the lip balm has saved my dry, crackled lips in the terrible wind we've had lately. And I know now that it's definitely one I will continue to use in the future!

Moving on, I then came across the MakeUp Academy section. Now, I'm not the type of girl who goes for the more expensive products, even if they are better quality. When I saw the giant sign saying 3 for 2 on ALL COSMETIC PRODUCTS, I really didn't care about the prices at all. All I wanted was lots of new make-up. And the MUA products I bought didn't disappoint!

And I'm not kidding when I say I went a little bit cray cray.

The first thing I picked up was the MUA Hide & Conceal Stick!


MUA Hide & Conceal Stick - "Fair"
I am constantly on the hunt for a good concealer, and to be honest, I've never really got along with the liquid concealers in the past, as I find that they make my skin look quite oily and pale. But when I looked at this little stick thing, I was suprised. Mainly because when you remove the lid and twist the bottom, a concealer stick that looks a lot like skin coloured lipstick pops up! And because I'm already quite pale, the Fair colour seemed to be a perfect fit. The lipstick shape is perfect for getting rid of those pesky bags under your eyes, and to hide those annoying blemishes! And for only £1? Definitely don't miss out!

The next product I discovered was a basic MUA Eyeshadow Pallette.


MUA Eyeshadow Pallette - "Undressed"


As you can see from the first picture: I have incredibly large bug eyes. And recently, I've got into the habit of trying out different colours to cover those big bug eyes. However, I wanted to test some basic shades before I go crazy with the rainbow! So when I saw the Undressed colours - I'd found exactly what I wanted! What I especially love about this product is the little masterclass it gives on the back of the pallette, that suggests which shades to mix to create the perfect goldish smoky eye! And I'm not going to lie, I really liked how it looked! MUA offer a lot of different colours in their pallettes, and if you have big bug eyes like mine, or small, focused eyes - these pallettes will give you what you want!

Another product that personally is my favourite product so far, is the MUA Power Point Colour Intense Tint & Balm! So much so, I had to buy it in 2 colours!



MUA Power Point Colour Intense Tint & Balm - Top: "BrokenHearted". Bottom: "Rendevous"
It's official: I AM A LIP JUNKIE! Honestly! I'm obsessed with lipsticks, glosses, balms, liners; anything you can put on your lips, GIMME GIMME GIMME!

Because I have quite a thin top lip, I like to put bold colours and gloss to accentuate and bring out the curves of my lips. But my bottom lip is a lot bigger than the top, therefore, the colours I choose must go well with my pale skin tone. The two colours I chose (and there were a lot to choose from!) serve 2 purposes: days out and nights out. The BrokenHearted colour is a lovely dark pint that stays on your lips and ,with the built in balm, gives some lovely kissable lips for those date nights (oi oi!). And the Rendenzous gives a simple, pink colour and balm that accentuates your lips for an all day, everyday colour that looks gorgeous against fair skin! Favourite alert!!

Not only did I go crazy with the make up, I also indulged myself in 2 lovely MUA Nail Polishes!



MUA Nail Polish - Left: "Pistachio Ice Cream" Right: "Lush Lilac"

Lately, pastel coloured nail polish has been spotted literally everywhere! So when I spotted these two colours, I thought, you know what? I'll jump on the band wagon! I also fell in love with the quirky colours that MUA offered as well. However, I recently saw a video of Zoella (love that girl!) wearing Essie Mint Candy Apple Nail Polish, and when I saw the Pistachio Ice Cream colour, which was exactly the same, but cheaper, I couldn't say no. Also, the Lush Lilac is a really pretty colour!

Finally, to sum up my make-up haul in Superdrug, I found this little gem!

MUA Pro-Base Fixing Mist
Now, when I found this little spray, I was intrigued. Throughout busy days, my make-up either fades, gets smudged, or I just end up looking really tired and down. But this little spray here defies these problems with just a simple spritz! Basically, after you've finished putting on your make-up in the morning, you hold the spray an armslength away from your face and SPRAY! A couple of spritzes to keep your make-up in place for 8 hours long! Perfect for busy days! I'm not really sure how it works, and when you do spray it on your face, it feels like you've pretty much sprayed your face with water. But once it's dried, you're ready to go! I was pleasantly surprised by this little gem! And I think you will be too!

That concludes my Superdrug/MUA haul! But, I also wanted to show you guys my outfit for the day. A little random, I know, but why not? I want your opinion! Do you like this look? Would you wear it? I'd like to know!

Blazer: New Look. Top: Pull&Bear


Leggings: Republic. Shoes: Primark.
Thanks for reading you guys! If you guys have bought any new make-up that you love, or like my little shopping spree products, comment your blogs below and I give you a follow! xoxo

1 comment: