Friday 5 September 2014

Summer Favourites!

Hello my beauties!! Today I thought I would do something a little different, and begin to show you guys what things I've been loving these last few months!







SKINCARE:

Let's begin with my favourite skin care items! Recently, I've decided to really start taking care of my skin, purely because of my job and the amount of makeup I have to put on my face for my job. So, I've scoured everywhere to try and find the right cleanser/moisturiser, and had no luck. That is, until, a friend of mine suggested No7 skincare. More specifically...their Beautiful Skin range! 

The first little duo are the Beautiful Skin moisturisers for Day and Night!


Because I have very problematic skin, I decided to get the Dry/Very Dry moisturisers, but they also do Protect & Perfect, Anti-Aging and for Normal/Oily skin. I just felt the Dry moisturisers would be the most beneficial as I get dry skin very easily, and I definitely made the right decision! 

Night Cream: The night cream, you guys, is absolutely amazing! It is so rich with moisture, and although it is a lot thinner than the day cream, it still does it's job perfectly! My skin the next morning looks refreshed and full of moisture (in a good way!!) and even if you didn't get enough sleep, the night cream will still sink into the skin really nicely.

Day Cream: Just like the night cream, the day cream is just as full of moisture! However, it is a little thicker than the night cream, so it will last you a lot longer purchase-wise! It has SPF15 in it, and you don't have to use too much, as the tiniest amount will do the trick. Also, it's a great base for makeup!

(Little note: if you suffer with oily skin, the dry skin moisturisers may increase the oils in your skin...try balancing it out with an Oily combating cleanser or toner!)

Also included in the Beautiful Skin range is a great cleanser which I have been LOVING these last few months! And it is the No7 Beautidul Skin Cleansing Water!


What I love most about this cleanser is that it's very quick! Literally, pump a little bit of cleanser on a cotton pad and wipe all over the face. DONE. So simple, it's ridiculous! I use it only in the mornings because I feel it is less harsh on my skin. Also, I bought this cleansing water mainly for its "Normal/Oily" feature. Because I use the Dry to Very Dry moisturisers, I wanted a cleaner that would get rid of all the excess oil that I had (like, all the bad stuff!) so I feel that this cleanser paired with the creams is a nice balance, and has improved my skin like crazy! Big recommend! 

You can buy the No7 range from Boots, and almost every month they have special offers on their No7 products, so defo take advantage of that guys!

Finally, here is a skincare product that I NEVER thought I would like.

It is Tea Tree Oil, from The Body Shop.


Now, I was very wary when purchasing this product, as I'm not one to be excited about putting oil on my already oily face. I first heard about it on a FleurDeForce YouTube video, and she is one of my favourite beauty gurus. I trust her. She mentioned this little gem, and raved about it like mad! So, I decided to give it a try.

And boy, am I glad I did.

Maybe 3 or 4 nights a week, I dab a little bit of this oil on a spot, or a part of my face that it prone to acne, and the next morning my skin is glowing and the spot is GONE. Guys, it's amazing. You can also put some in your bath if you are prone to body acne (which I am...) and it will help you out SO MUCH! And it lasts a long time too, guys. What more could you want? 


BEAUTY:

Now, everyone I know had been raving about one eyeshadow palette and one only. And I think it's pretty obvious which one I'm about to mention...

THAT'S RIGHT. IT'S THE NAKED PALETTE!


I know, I know, I'm a little late joining the bandwagon...but guys...it's amazing! The pigmentation is phenom, the colour selection, though basic, is perfect for everyday and LOOK HOW PRETTY! 


I love it so much, that I have now actually purchased the Naked 2 palette, AND the Naked 3 palette. And all of them are so diverse in colour, but so consistent in pigmentation. I love 'em. 

Up next, is something that I never thought I would buy. A bronzer. What. The. Heck.

YES, it is in fact The Body Shop Honey Bronzer in 01...cos, I'm a ghost.


I first heard of this bronzer in a MissGlamorazzi (Ingrid)'s YouTube video, and I thought, you know what, summer is here and I lack a healthy glow. So, I purchased it. And it's AMAZING! It looks so lovely and natural and ARGHHH IM OBSESSED!! Although, throughout working in the sunshine all summer (snaps for summer jobs, YAY) I have developed quite a lovely TAN. For the first time in my life! And still, this bronzer is perfect for my skin. OBSESSED OBSESSED OBSESSED!

...did I mention I'm obsessed with this honey bronzer? Yes? Ok. Good.

Moving on, well, kind of. Remember a little earlier when I told you guys that No.7 is great for skincare? Well, it turns out it's also pretty great for makeup too! Let me introduce you to one of my favourite all time mascaras...

The No.7 Lovely Lashes Mascara!



So, I actually first purchased this mascara at the airport when leaving to do Snow White in Egypt. I was in Boots, and I was purchasing a new pale foundation and a mascara to wear for the show (I ended up buying the L'Oreal Paris Miss Manga mascara, which is another favourite of mine, definitely recommend it...) and when at the till, the clerk told me that No.7 were having an offer on their makeup. Now, usually, I would have told her "no, thank you" but when the women pulled it out, and started telling me about how it has argon oil, enhances volume and was £5 off from an original £12 price tag, I couldn't really say no! Plus, it seemed like a genuinely lovely mascara. And just like the name says, it really did leave my lashes looking lovely.

Also, Boots are always having No.7 offers, so if you need a new mascara, I seriously recommend this, because it's beautiful. Although the packaging makes it look really crap, it's what's on the inside that counts.

HAIR:

I'll be quick with this one, as there's only one product I want to tell you guys about. And it has literally been a summer staple for me! It is the Schwarzkopf got2b Beach Matt Texturizing Salt Spray.



Short and sweet, it's incredible. Forget all other salt sprays and just get this one. It's affordable, it lasts a long time, and it smells amazing. Simples!

PERFUME:

I have two summer scents to tell you guys about, and both of them I purchased in Dubai last Christmas. The first is Beautiful Day, from the Bath and Body Works Signature Collection.



Now, the issue with Bath and Body Works is the fact that you can only purchase their products in the USA or the UAE. I suppose you could probably find some on eBay, but I haven't found any! But if you can get your hands on this perfume, GET IT AND NEVER LET IT GO. The amount of compliments I have received when wearing this fragrance is ridiculous, and it's even worse when I tell people you can't buy it in the UK. But the smell is sweet, light, and delicious. As you can tell, I'm not great at explaining smells, but this really is lovely!

The second scent is one that you CAN buy in the UK, but only if you have a Victoria's Secret near you...(wink wink!)

It is the Victoria's Secret Pure Seduction fragrance!



Originally, I first had this fragrance 2 summers ago, but it was a teeny tiny bottle and it ended up leaking in my bag! However, summer 2 years ago was one of the best summers I've ever had, so this fragrance has more of a personal touch than any other fragrance I own. That is purely the reason it's a summer favoruite of mine. Purely for sentimental value. The smell is beautiful as well.

MUSIC:

Summer is the time for good music, and this year, there are three songs that have been on repeat since June! So here's my music recommendations for Summer!

1. Chandelier - Sia.

If you haven't heard this song, or seen this video...where have you been? Not only are Sia's vocals insane, but Maddie Ziegler's dancing literally makes me hate myself...in a good way! The talent and the creativeness in this video is ridiculous. I love it. Plus, I'm a big Maddie fan! (Any Dance Mom's fans, comment down below you're favourite dancer!).  


2. Happy Little Pill - Troye Sivan.


This song has been on repeat non stop since it was released. Obviously, being a big Youtuber fangirl, when Troye released this song, I was intrigued. I'm not usually into any, like, techno/autotuned shiz, but I surprised myself when I realized how much I actually love this! The rest of his EP is very well put together, and his writing style is incredible for being only 19. (He's the same age as me...I can barely write a blog post...) Troye, you done good, kid.

(May have even purchased one of his TRXYE Jumpers...obsessed? Just a little...)


3. Shake It Off - Taylor Swift.


Now, I'm just gonna put it out there. I'm not Taylor Swift's biggest fan. WAIT WAIT WAIT DON'T HATE ME YET!! I think she's really talented, and a very lovely girl, but I find her just a little bit overrated.

Ok, you can hate me.

But as Taylor Swift says, the haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate.

However, despite my lack of interest in the worldwide phenomenon that is Taylor Swift, I really, really love this song, and the music video. It's super catchy, it's fun, silly, and completely my style. And whatever you think about Taylor Swift, you cannot deny that this song is brilliant.


RANDOM:

I have two random favourites for you guys. The first, is very random. Prepare yourselves.

You ready? OK!

For the whole of summer, when not working or, well, being social, I have been watching a certain TV series on Youtube. What TV series do you ask?

Well, when I wake up in the morning and the 'larm gives out a warning I don't think I'll ever make it on time!




Yes! It's one of my favourite childhood TV shows, SAVED BY THE BELL! Every episode is on YouTube, guys. It is. Be careful though, as once you've watched one, you will end up watching ALL OF THEM. The video attached is one of the best Zack Morris "Time Out"'s ever. Enjoy it, 90's kids! (Watching the series again also reminded me of my serious crush on Zack, and my first ever girl crush on Kelly! Zack & Kelly = MY FIRST EVER OTP!)

The second and final favourite for now isn't a TV show, movie, food, or even a person.

It's a lifestyle.

I don't want to get all deep, or anything. But for the longest time, I have been uncomfortable in my body. Back when I was 16, I was a UK size 8-10, exercised every day and had a great diet of eating whatever I wanted and then working it off the next day. However, three years later, that little routine has got lost along the way, and it's not as easy anymore.

I'm not saying I'm "big", and I'm not saying I'm "fat". But I have put on weight for the last 3 years, which was only natural as things were changing, both lifestyle wise and health wise. I'm not the healthiest of girls, and I have a lot of issues I have to deal with everyday that weren't a problem at 16 years old.

And I'm not the first of my family to want to change all that. My older sister used to be a size 14-16. and when she was my age, she decided to change that and become healthier. It wasn't even about losing weight, she just wanted to feel better about herself and was getting tired of feeling guilty. Now, she's a size 8-10. her confidence has soared and she is happier than ever.

However, she went on a load of crazy diets to achieve her goal. I'm doing something different.

Since the 8th of May, I have become an exercise bug. I joined a gym, began drinking only water and freshly made smoothies, and have begun enjoying treats in moderation. Also, I wanted to lose a little bit of weight for my trip to Egypt to play CINDERELLA in October! (But more on that in another blog post!)

And you know what guys, I've gone from a UK Size 14 to a size 10. (I'm still a 12 on my hips, but as my mum says, I have child bearing hips...awkward...) and I'm only half way there. I feel healthier, happier, more productive and confident. So, I'm dedicating my last favourite to my new lifestyle choice! With shoutouts to Innocent Smoothies, LA Fitness, and to my wonderful family who have been so supportive in my decision.

Hope you liked this post you guys! Now I have a new laptop, more blog posts will be coming! Leave a comment below with your favourites and recommendations from summer! And if there's anything left to say, it's this: "Believe you can, and you're half way there." Happy September!

Down to a Size 10, and feeling better than ever!


Fawce.
xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment